Upgrade EMC ViPR from an internal repository
Normally you upgrade EMC ViPR from an EMC-based repository, but you can upgrade from an internal location by first downloading the
ViPR Offline Upgrade img file from support.EMC.com and copying it to the
ViPR virtual appliance.
Before you begin
- This article applies to EMC ViPR 2.0.
- This operation requires the System Administrator role in
- You need credentials to access support.EMC.com.
- Download the ViPR Offline Upgrade img file from support.EMC.com and save it locally on the system where you are running viprcli.
- Run the following ViPR CLI command:
cookie_file system upload -imagefile
This command copies the img file to a location on the ViPR virtual appliance where it will be found by the upgrade feature.
- In the ViPR UI, change to Admin mode and select
Install next to the version that you uploaded with the viprcli command.