EMC XtremIO Support in ViPR Controller
Table of Contents
- Comprised of X-Bricks.
- Each X-Brick consists of Disk Array Enclosures with Solid State Drive (SSD) disks and processors.
- One or more X-Bricks comprise an XtremIO cluster.
- Supports both Fibre Channel (FC) and Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) target storage ports
- The XtremIO cluster and storage ports are discovered.
- ViPR Controller automatically creates one storage pool per cluster.
Once the XtremIO storage array has been discovered by ViPR, a ViPR user, with system administrative privileges, can create a virtual array and virtual pool so that provisioning can be performed using the XtremIO block storage.
- ViPR Controller REST API Virtual Data Center Configuration Guide
- ViPR Controller User Interface Virtual Data Center Configuration Guide
- ViPR Controller CLI Reference Guide
- Create a block volume for a Host, based on the XtremIO virtual pool
- Expand the size of a created block volume
- Delete a block volume.
- Export volumes to hosts (FC and iSCSI)
- Export volumes to a cluster (FC and iSCSI)
- Add more volumes to an existing host in a cluster using exclusive mode. The volumes are exposed only to that host.
- Add host to cluster
- Remove host from cluster
- Unexport volumes from cluster (FC and iSCSI)
- Unexport volumes from host (FC and iSCSI)
- Create a snapshot of a XtremIO volume
- Delete a snapshot
- Export a snapshot
- Unexport a snapshot