Add Stand-alone ScaleIO Storage to ViPR
This article also describes how the storage is discovered, and registered after it is added to ViPR.
This article applies to EMC ViPR 2.0.
This article is part of a series
Before you begin
- Only System Administrators can add storage systems to ViPR.
- Select .
- Click Add.
- Select the storage provider type ScaleIO.
- Enter the storage provider Name.
- Enter the IP address of the primary MDM in Host.
- Leave the default or enter the port used to SSH into the primary MDM host.
- Enter user credentials with the ScaleIO. Storage system administrator privileges are required.
- The ScaleIO is displayed in the Storage Provider page.
- Storage systems, created from discovered protection domains in the ScaleIO, are displayed in the Storage Systems page.
- A green check box in the status row indicates that the storage system has been successfully discovered.
- ViPR automatically creates storage ports, hosts, host initiators, and a network for the ScaleIO. These can not be edited. Understanding the ViPR Block Service Powered by ScaleIO provides additional information on how ViPR uses the ScaleIO components to create the required ViPR objects.