Add Data Protection Systems to ViPR
This article applies to EMC ViPR 2.0.
ViPR also supports data protection using VMAX SRDF remote application.
After you add a data protection system to ViPR , you can select that system to provide data protection when you create your block virtual pools. The data protection system that you select protects the data of any block volumes that you created from those block virtual pools.
This article is part of a series
- Add physical assets to ViPR:
- Create ViPR virtual assets:
- You must install and license RecoverPoint systems. To learn more about supported RecoverPoint versions, see the EMC ViPR Support Matrix.
- If ViPR is not managing the SAN network, you must zone the RecoverPoint systems to the storage arrays and you must attach RecoverPoint splitters.
- IP connectivity between RecoverPoint and the ViPR virtual appliance is required.
Before you begin
You need access to the required RecoverPoint information.
- Obtain the following information:
Setting Value RecoverPoint site management IPv4 or IPv6 address or hostname Port Credentials for an account that has the RecoverPoint administrator role to access the RecoverPoint site
- In Administration Mode, select .
- Click Add.
- Type the data protection system Name.
- Select the data protection system Type.
- Type the fully qualified domain name or IP address of the Host.
- Leave the default or type the Port.
- Type user credentials that have system administrator privileges.
- Click Save.