SolutionPack for VI VirtualWisdom
Table of Contents
Compatible ViPR SRM version
- Read and write exchange completion time, number of completed reads and writes
- Link errors (LOS, LOSync, BadEOF, CVErrors, LinkResets, CRCErrors) SCSI Errors (Aborts, BadStatusFrames)
- Aggregate storage link utilisation, individual initiator to LUN utilisation
- Optional metrics
- Read and writes frame count, read and write payload sizes
ViPR SRMcollects VirtualWisdom data using proxy software installed on the VirtualWisdom Portal Server. Download and install the proxy software on the VirtualWisdom Portal Server
- Obtain the proxy installation package using Virtual Instruments customer credentials from their SFDC portal, or from ftp.virtualinstruments.com. The package is located in the CURRENT directory.
- Copy the installation package to the VirtualWisdom server.
- Unzip the package into a suitable temporary directory.
- Stop the VirtualWisdom service.
- Open a command prompt.
You may need to run as Administrator to allow files to be copied.
- Navigate to the temporary directory where the proxy is unzipped and run the install.bat script.
- Enter the VirtualWisdom installation path.
- Restart the VirtualWisdom service.
After you finish
Create a VirtualWisdom user account dedicated for access by the SolutionPack for VI VirtualWisdom. When you install the SolutionPack, you will provide these credentials which are then stored on the Collector host in:APG/Collecting/XML-Collector/vi-virtualwisdom/conf/VI-proxyRequest.xml.Back to Top
Before you begin
Install and configure the proxy software on each VirtualWisdom Portal Server.
Use this configuration to collect the same metrics from all Portal Servers using the same frequency (poll cycle) and credentials. Each host will be polled in the sequence you specify in the configuration file.
- On the Collector host, navigate to APG/Collecting/XML-Collector/vi-virtualwisdom and open the VI-collector.xml file.
- Add one or more Portal Server hosts to the configuration file by typing the additional host IP addresses.
<input>http://(host):8080/Proxy</input> <host>ip_address</host> <host>ip_address</host> <parameter name="connect-type"> <value>any</value> </parameter>
- If the VirtualWisdom WebServices port numbers are different for each Portal Server host, you can remove the port number from the
<input> line and append the unique port numbers to the host address. For example:
<input>http://(host)/Proxy</input> <host>ip_address:port</host> <host>ip_address:port</host> <parameter name="connect-type"> <value>any</value> </parameter>
- Restart the VirtualWisdom collector by restarting its Collector Manager. Use one of the following methods:
- APG/bin/manage-modules service restart collector-manager <instance-name>
- Start/stop the collector manager from Centralised Management.
Before you begin
- EMC ViPR SRM core modules must be up-to-date in all servers because not all module dependencies are validated during the SolutionPack installation or update process.
- Log in.
- Click Administration.
- Click Centralized Management.
- Click SolutionPacks.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select the SolutionPack for VI VirtualWisdom in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
- Click Install.
- In the Data Collection field of the Select the components to install window, select the Collector host.
- In the Reports field, select the Frontend host.
- In the
Data collection window, select a value for
If you select Add a new data collection, type information about the data collection.
- Failover-Filter must be enabled, which is the default.
- In HostName or the IP address to send data to, type the Primary Backend host.
- Leave Enable alerting on data collected checked.
- Select a value for
Alerting on data collection.
If you select Add a new Alerting on data collection, type information about the alerting configuration.
- In Alerting Backend the hostname or IP address, select the Primary Backend host.
- Alerting Backend data port must be set to the port on which alerts will be collected by the Primary Backend Host.
- In VirtualWisdom Server Name, type the VirtualWisdom Portal Server host.
- In VirtualWisdom Server Port, type the port for the webservices proxy. The default is 8080. The value is configured in the virtualwisdom.properties file in the VirtualWisdom installation directory on the VirtualWisdom Portal Server.
- In VirtualWisdom Username and Password, type the credentials used for authentication with the proxy.
- Select Enable advanced settings to configure polling and collection threads settings.
- In the Administration Web-Service Instance field of the Reports window, select the Frontend host
The SolutionPack installation begins.
Ok once installation is complete.
Performance data will displayed in about an hour.