SolutionPack for IBM SAN Volume Controller/Storwize
Table of Contents
This article applies to EMC ViPR SRM version 3.5.1.Back to Top
SolutionPack for IBM SAN Volume Controller/Storwize version
Compatible ViPR SRM version
EMC ViPR SRM version: 3.5.1
- Virtual Storage Dashboard
- Drill-down report that provides details about virtual storage information of the MDisks such as allocated, system used, free, and so on.
- Internal Capacity
- Drill-down report that provides details about capacity information of Internal Disks.
- Virtual Storage Pools
- Drill-down report that provides details about pool level capacity information.
- Performance Reports
- Drill-down report that provides details about read and write requests on MDisks and VDisks for all systems.
- Drill-down report that provides details about cluster details.
- Capacity Reports
- Drill-down report that provides details about all capacity details.
ViPR SRM requires SMIS to be configured on each of IBM management servers. The level of privilege required is administrator.
- Record the IBM SVC/Storwize cluster IP address and hostname (for SSH and CIMOM communication).
- Record the username and password for the cluster.
Performance data synchronization is not supported for the "monitoring" security level.
- Record the SSH public key (to retrieve performance data files over SSH).
Before you begin
- For topology and capacity data only, you must provide a service account, which is member of the Monitor user group.
In order to collect performance data over SSH (IBM SVC dumps from nodes other than the configuration node), the service account must be in the Administrator or SecurityAdmin user group.
After you enable performance data collection, the software will periodically transfer over SSH (scp/sftp) the SVC dumps into the Watch4net collector host. After processing, these files will be deleted from all SVC nodes. Collecting performance data simultaneously from multiple Watch4net collector hosts at the same time is not supported.
To allow third party tools to access performance data, uncheck the Enable performance synchronization option to synchronize performance data from all nodes during SolutionPack installation in order to retain all files. If you uncheck the option, the SolutionPack for IBM SAN Volume Controller/Storwize will only collect performance data from the configuration node.
If you have already installed the SolutionPack you can accomplish the same thing by reconfiguring the SolutionPack.
- Log in.
- Click Administration.
- Click Centralized Management.
- Click SolutionPacks.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select the SolutionPack for IBM SAN Volume Controller/Storwize in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
- Click Install.
- Type the instance name.
- Assign a server for each component.
In a typical four server deployment, the components are assigned as shown below:
- Data collection: Collector
- Reports: Front End
- Click Next.
- Set the Data Collection settings.
- In the Data collection field, select existing settings from the drop-down list, or add a new host by selecting Add a new data collection. If you add a new host, in Hostname or IP address to send data to, type LocalHost. The default port is 2020.
- Leave Enable alerting on data collected checked.
- In the Alerting on data collection field, select existing settings from the drop-down list, or add a new host by selecting Add a new Alerting on data collection. If you add a new host, in Alerting Backend hostname or IP address, type the hostname or IP address of the Primary Backend host. The default port is 2010.
- In IBM SAN Volume Controller/Storwize specific configuration, type the IBM SVC/Storwize cluster information and access credentials.
- Select Enable performance synchronization if desired.
- Click the plus (+) sign to add more systems.
- Select Use advanced settings to configure polling settings.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
MDisks column for mirror volumes is blank in volume reports.
There is no workaround.Back to Top