SolutionPack for HP StorageWorks P9000
Table of Contents
This article applies to EMC ViPR SRM version 3.5.1.Back to Top
SolutionPack for HP StorageWorks P9000 version
Compatible ViPR SRM version
EMC ViPR SRM version: 3.5.1
- Data center utilization
- Capacity utilization across all HP P9000 arrays
- Disk utilization
- Capacity utilization across various types of disks
- Storage system -> Detailed Information
- Summary report containing inventory information of all HP P9000 devices:
- Parity groups
- Frontend controllers
- Contains various reports connected to the array
- Logical groups
- Capacity Reports - Breaks down capacity across storage pool, tier, host for each HDS array
- Performance collection troubleshooting - Helps troubleshooting performance data collection
The Shared LUNs report does not report passive hosts. Hosts discovered via switches are reported.
- Log in.
- Click Administration.
- Click Centralized Management.
- Click SolutionPacks.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select the SolutionPack for HP StorageWorks P9000 in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
- Click Install.
- Type the instance name.
- Assign a server for each component.
In a typical four server deployment, the components are assigned as shown below:
- Data collection: Collector
- Reports: Front End
- Click Next.
- Set the Data Collection settings.
- In the Data collection field, select existing settings from the drop-down list, or add a new host by selecting Add a new data collection. If you add a new host, in Hostname or IP address to send data to, type LocalHost. The default port is 2020.
- Leave Enable alerting on data collected checked.
- In the Alerting on data collection field, select existing settings from the drop-down list, or add a new host by selecting Add a new Alerting on data collection. If you add a new host, in Alerting Backend hostname or IP address, type the hostname or IP address of the Primary Backend host. The default port is 2010.
- In HP StorageWorks P9000, type the host information and access credentials.
- Optionally, select the
Enable Secure Connection (SSL) checkbox.
If you are using a secure connection, the default port is 5989. If you are using a non-secure connection, the default is 5988.
- Click the plus (+) sign to add more systems.
- Select Configure advance settings to configure polling and collecting threads settings.
- Click Install.