SolutionPack for HP 3PAR StoreServ
Table of Contents
This article applies to EMC ViPR SRM version 3.5.1.Back to Top
Compatible ViPR SRM version
- EMC ViPR SRM version: 3.5.1
- Back-end Throughput (IOPS)
- Reports the throughput (IOPS) for all HP 3PAR systems
- Disk IO
- Reports the overall disk IO activities (IOPS requests) for all HP 3PAR systems
- Hits Ratio
- Reports the hits ratio distribution per subsystem as well as the hit ratio per array/controller for on all available subsystems
- Reports a summary containing the total count of all subsystems, controllers, power supplies, ports, virtual volumes, logical drives, drive cages, and drives for all subsystems
- IOPS Reports
- Reports the total IOPS activities for the drives, LUNs, and ports on all available subsystems
- Subsystems Summary
- Drill-down report containing a summary of all subsystems, including key indicators such as the subsystem name, version, IP address, drives, capacity, and model
- TopN I/O
- Reports the top 10 I/O activities for the drives, virtual volumes, and ports on all available subsystems
- Usable Capacity
- Reports the total array capacity available
ViPR SRM communicates with the HP 3PAR StoreServ system using an account with read-only privileges on the system.
- Identify an account with read-only privileges for the HP 3PAR StoreServ system.
- Ensure that the array can be accessed on port 22 using SSH.
- Log in.
- Click Administration.
- Click Centralized Management.
- Click SolutionPacks.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select the SolutionPack in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
- Click Install.
- Type the instance name.
- Assign a server for each component.
In a typical four server deployment, the components are assigned as shown below:
- Data collection: Collector
- Reports: Front End
- Click Next.
- Set the Data Collection settings.
- In the Data collection field, select existing settings from the drop-down list, or add a new host by selecting Add a new data collection. If you add a new host, in Hostname or IP address to send data to, type LocalHost. The default port is 2020.
- Leave Enable alerting on data collected checked.
- In the Alerting on data collection field, select existing settings from the drop-down list, or add a new host by selecting Add a new Alerting on data collection. If you add a new host, in Alerting Backend hostname or IP address, type the hostname or IP address of the Primary Backend host. The default port is 2010.
- In the HP 3PAR StorServ field, select existing settings from the drop-down list, or add a new configuration by selecting Add a new HP 3PAR StorServ. If you add a new configuration, select Do you want to configure advanced settings to configure polling and collection threads settings.
- Click Next.
- In Administration Web-Service Instance, select the Frontend host.
- Click Install.
After you finish
Depending on the numbers of Storage elements managed, you may need to edit the unix-services.properties file to increase the Heap Memory to a suitable level. The file is located at: /APG/Collecting/Collector-Manager/your_instance/conf/unix-services.properties.Back to Top