SolutionPack Hitachi Device Manager
Table of Contents
This article applies to EMC ViPR SRM version 3.5.1.Back to Top
Compatible ViPR SRM version
- EMC ViPR SRM version: 3.5.1
- Data center utilization
- Capacity utilization across all Hitachi arrays
- Disk utilization
- Capacity utilization across various types of disks
- Storage system -> Detailed Information
- Summary report containing inventory information of all Hitachi devices:
- Parity groups
- Frontend controllers
- Contains various reports connected to the array
- Logical groups
- Capacity Reports - Breaks down capacity across storage pool, tier, host for each HDS array
- Performance collection troubleshooting - Helps troubleshooting performance data collection
ViPR SRM communicates with the Hitachi Device Manager to poll information for HDS arrays.
- Identify account credentials with administrator privileges on the Hitachi Device Manager system
- Record the IP address/hostname for SSH and CIMOM communication
Before you begin
- ViPR SRM core modules must be up-to-date in all servers because not all module dependencies are validated during the SolutionPack installation or update process.
- Log in.
- Click Administration.
- Click Centralized Management.
- Click SolutionPacks.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select theSolutionPack for Hitachi Device Manager in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
- Click Install.
- In theData Collection field of the Select the components to install window, select the Collector host.
- In Reports, select the Frontend host.
- In the Data Collection window, select Activate the APG Failover-Filter if desired.
- In Hostname or IP address to send data, type the Primary Backend host. The default port is 2020.
- Leave Enable alerting on data collected checked.
- In Alerting Backend the hostname or IP address, select the Primary Backend host. The default port is 2010.
- In Hitachi Device Manager, type the Hitachi Device Manager CIM server host.
- In Username and Password, type the required credentials.
- Optionally, select the Enable Secure Connection (SSL) checkbox. If using a secure connection, the default port is 5989.
- If using a non-secure connection, the default is 5988.
- Select the Do you want to configure advanced settings to configure polling and collection threads settings.
- Click the plus (+) sign to add Hitachi Device Manager hosts.
- In the Administration Web-Service Instance field of the Reports window, select the Frontend host.
The SolutionPack installation begins.
Ok once installation is complete.
Performance data will displayed in about an hour.
LUNS not visible in Path details
LUNs from Hitachi AMS200 arrays do not appear in Path details and E2E reports. There is no workaround for this problem.Back to Top