SolutionPack for EMC Watch4Net Health
Table of Contents
Compatible ViPR SRM version
- EMC Watch4net 6.4 & +
Data collection methods
- Modules Performance
- Collecting Level Performance
- Backend & Databases events and utilization
- Server summary
Before you begin
- ViPR SRM core modules must be up-to-date in all servers because not all module dependencies are validated during the SolutionPack installation or update process.
- Log in.
- Click Administration.
- Click Centralized Management.
- Click SolutionPacks.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select SolutionPack for EMC M&R Health in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
The steps below assume a typical four VM deployment.
- In the Data Collection field of the Select the components to install window, select the Collector host.
- In Reports, select the Frontend host.
- Click Next.
- In the
Data Collection window, make a selection in the
Data collection field.
If you select Add a new Data Collection, type information for the collected data. In the > Hostname or IP address to send data field, type the Primary Backend host.
- Leave Enable alerting on data collected checked.
- Make a selection in the
Alerting on data collection field of the
Pre-configured alerts window.
If you select Add a new Alerting on data collection to select a different alerts destination, select a Primary Backend host.
- Click Next.
- In Administration Web-Service Instance in the Reports window select the Frontend host.
The SolutionPack installation begins.
Ok once installation is complete.
Performance data will displayed in about an hour.
The following message might appear in the collection log during operation: WARNING -- [2014-04-25 05:26:38 EDT] -- f::a(): JVM IO ERROR 'No such process'. ID: '17032', NAME: 'lib/module-manager.jar exit'. You can ignore this message.