SolutionPack for EMC Host Interface
Table of Contents
This article applies to EMC ViPR SRM version 3.5.1.
This SolutionPack does not contain reports. You should install the reports from the SolutionPack for Physical Hosts.
Install the EMC Host Interface as described in Install and Manage EMC Host Interface Software.
Compatible ViPR SRM version
- Host Enterprise Dashboard
- Host information and details
- File systems summary report
- Local and remote disk capacity reports
- Service level for LUNs mapped to host file systems
- Performance metrics such as CPU, memory, and disks for host devices
- Log in.
- Click Administration.
- Click Centralized Management.
- Click SolutionPacks.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select the SolutionPack in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
- Click Install.
- Type the instance name.
- Assign a server for each component.
In a typical four server deployment, the components are assigned as shown below:
- Data collection: Collector
- Click Next.
- Set the Data Collection settings.
- In the Data collection field, select existing settings from the drop-down list, or add a new host by selecting > Add a new data collection. If you add a new host, in > Hostname or IP address to send data to, type LocalHost. The default port is 2020.
- Leave Enable alerting on data collected unchecked.
- Leave Enable Topology Backend on data collected checked.
- In the Topology Service field, select existing settings from the drop-down list, or add a new topology service. If you add a new topology service, type the host name or IP address of the primary backend in the > Topology Service hostname or IP address field. The default port is 2010. Select existing web-service gateway settings from the drop-down list, or add a new web-service gateway. If you add a new gateway, specify the primary backend host
- In the Host Agent specific configuration section, type the hostname or the IP address of the host to be discovered. Enter the username and password that was used when the agent was installed. Set the CIMOM port. Leave this field blank to use port 5988 (non-secure) or port 5989 (secure)).
- To change default polling settings, select Do you want to configure advanced settings and type desired values.
- Click Install.