SolutionPack for EMC Data Domain
Table of Contents
This article applies to EMC ViPR SRM version 3.5.1.
Compatible ViPR SRM version
Data collection methods
- File Systems
The ViPR SRM Collector host communicates with EMC Data Domain using SNMP.
For details on the supported versions of SNMP used with Data Domain, refer to the EMC ViPR SRM Support Matrix.
- On the Data Domain system, use the following command to view the SNMP configuration: # snmp show config
- Use the following command to add the ViPR SRM SNMP Collector host: # snmp add ro-community public hosts collector_host
Before you begin
- Data Domain must be configured to allow the
EMC M&R collector host to communicate to it via SNMP.
- Use the following command on the Data Domain system to view the SNMP configuration: # snmp show config
- Use the following command to add the EMC M&R host: # snmp add ro-community <public> hosts <emc m&r.collector.com> where <public> is the read-only community string
- ViPR SRM core modules must be up-to-date in all servers because not all module dependencies are validated during the SolutionPack installation or update process.
- Log in.
- Click Administration.
- Click Centralized Management.
- Click SolutionPacks.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select the SolutionPack for EMC Data Domain in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
The steps below assume a typical four VM deployment.
- In the Reports field of the Select the components to install window, select the Frontend host.
- In the SNMP Masks field, select the Frontend host.
- Click Next.
- In Administration Web-Service Instance of the Reports window, select the Frontend host.
The SolutionPack installation begins.
Ok once installation is complete.
Performance data will displayed in about an hour.
- Log in to
- Go to
This option collects configuration data from the SNMP Collector.
- Click Save.
- The Collector is listed with orange color in the STATE column.
Check reachability of the x selected collector(s) to verify that the collector is reachable, and if it is, click
> Send configurations to the x selected collector(s).
The Collector is listed with green color in STATE.
- Select Devices and click > New Device.
- Fill in the details for the new device on all tabs.
If the STATE column is green for the device, no error occurred. If an error occurred, mouseover the > STATE column for the device to display the error.
- If STATE is green, click > Execute Action. This will discover the device with the capabilities that are selected.
- Go to the Dashboard and send the configurations.
- Go to the device and check that the Collector is listed.
After you finish
If all steps are successful, device details begin to appear in the ViPR SRM User Interface.
If you encounter any problems, use the Events Log to begin troubleshooting. For example, the log might point to problems with SNMP communications or configuration settings. To open the log, scroll to the bottom of the Device Discovery pane (http://<localhost>:58080/device-discovery/#/devices) and click Show Events Log.