SolutionPack for EMC Atmos
Table of Contents
This article applies to EMC ViPR SRM version 3.5.1.Back to Top
Compatible ViPR SRM version
Data collection methods
Atmos data can be accessed using the REST interface, so XML data collector will be used to pull out Atmos time series data. There are two main source of data:
- Atmos System Management API's
- Atmos Cloud Delivery Platform (ACDP) - an optional module.
Event Data from the Atmos system can be received using SNMP Traps. SNMP agent and the Watch4Net EPM server need to be configured in Atmos system to send traps. Alternatively, the traps can be sent to SMARTS platform and the data can be populated using Smarts Listener. This Solution pack is compatible with Atmos platform version 22.214.171.124 and higher.
- System Dashboard
- RMG Dashboard
- Tenant Summary
- SubTenant Summary
- Top-N Reports
Before you begin
- EMC ViPR SRM core modules must be up-to-date in all servers because not all module dependencies are validated during the SolutionPack installation or update process.
- Data imported in the 2.0 version of this SolutionPack will not be compatible with the 1.0 version of SolutionPack for EMC Atmos. Data continuity with previously imported data will be broken.
- Log in.
- Click Administration.
- Click Centralized Management.
- Click SolutionPacks.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select the SolutionPack for EMC Atmos in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
The steps below assume a typical four VM deployment.
- In the Select components to install window, in the Data Collection field select the Collector.
- In the Reports field, select the Primary Frontend.
- Select an item in the Data Collection field. If you select Add a new data collection, type information for the collected data.
- Select an item in the Alerting on data collection field. If you select Add a new Alerting on data collection, type information for the new alerting destination.
- Make a selection in the EMC Atmos field. If you select Add a new EMC Atmos, select Advanced Configuration to enter a polling frequency.
- Click Next.
The SolutionPack installation begins.
Ok once installation is complete.
Performance data will displayed in about an hour.