SolutionPack for Converged Infrastructure
Table of Contents
Compatible ViPR SRM version
Data collection methods
The XML collector is the only collector used to collect the data. Client must have United Infrastructure Manager/Provisioning (UIM/P) and Unified Infrastructure Manager/Operations (UIM/O) virtual appliances installed in his environment with appropriate connectivity before deploying the SolutionPack for Converged Infrastructure.
- Vblock/VSPEX Inventory
- UIM Dashboard
ViPR SRM communicates with Unified Infrastructure Manager using credentials with access to the UIM host.
- Identify the user account credentials used to access the UIM host.
- Record this information for use when you install the SolutionPack.
Before you begin
- ViPR SRM core modules must be up-to-date in all servers because not all module dependencies are validated during the SolutionPack installation or update process.
- Log in.
- Click Administration.
- Click Centralized Management.
- Click SolutionPacks.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select the SolutionPack for Converged Infrastructure in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
The steps below assume a typical four VM deployment.
- In the
Select the components to install window, make a selection in the
Data collection field.
If you select Add a new Data Collection, type information for the collected data. In the Hostname or IP address to send data field, type the Primary Backend host.
- Leave Enable alerting on data collected checked.
- Select an item in the Alerting on data collection field.
If you select Make a new Alerting on data collection, type information for the new alerting configuration. In the Alerting Backend the hostname or IP address field, select the Primary Backend host.
- In the UIM/P hostname or IP address field, type the UIM/P host.
- In the Username and Password fields, type the required credentials for the UIM/P host.
- In the UIM/O hostname or IP address field, type the UIM/P host.
- In the Username and Password fields, type the required credentials for the UIM/O host.
- Select Use advanced settings to configure polling settings.
- Click the plus (+) sign to add additional UIM devices.
- Click Next.
- In the Administration Web-Service Instance field of the Reports window, select the Frontend host (Default).
The SolutionPack installation begins.
Ok once installation is complete.
Performance data will displayed in about an hour.