Install the EMC VIPR Monitoring and Reporting SolutionPack
Before you begin
- This article applies to EMC ViPR 2.0.
- Deploy the vApp as described in Install Storage Resource Management Suite 3.5 as a vApp available on support.EMC.com.
ViPR 2.0 must be installed and running.
You need to know the following information about the ViPR virtual appliance from which you want to collect data:
- Public virtual IPv4 address
- An account with the System Administrator role on the ViPR virtual appliance
The EMC ViPR SRM software and license must already be installed.
The EMC ViPR SolutionPack license must be uploaded.
- You need to know the frontend hostname and admin credentials for the EMC ViPR SRM instance to which you are adding the EMC ViPR SolutionPack.
- Log in to EMC ViPR SRM(http://Frontend-hostname:58080/APG/) using an account that has admin privileges.
- Select Administration.
- Select Centralized Management in the Administration tree.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- In the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen select EMC ViPR.
- Read the summary information and click Install.
- Select the components to install:
- Accept the default instance name, emc-vipr, or enter a new name.
- Select the server that will host the ViPR data collection module.
- Select the server where ViPR events module will be installed.
- Select the server that will host the ViPR reports module.
- Click Next.
- Accept the default values for Data Collection and > Alerting on Data Collection.
- Click to show the device questions.
- In the
ViPR Configuration pane, enter the public virtual IPv4 address and credentials for an account with the System Administrator role for the
ViPR server from which you want to collect data.
You can add additional ViPR instances by clicking "+" on a ViPR Configuration pane.
- Accept the defaults for Events, or see "Modifying the
ViPR SolutionPack" configuration to edit the settings.
Events are collected in a MySQL database in a default location (localhost), and with a default database name, ports, and credentials.
- Select the administration Web-Service instance or accept the default.
- Select Install.