ViPR SRM 3.6 – Set Reporting Period and Schedule a Recurring Report
Table of Contents
The ViPR SRM reports come with default reporting periods, but any user can quickly change the reporting period on the Console. You can set a report to show metrics for a 15 minute time span, a yearly time span, or many other options in between. You can specify a maintenance period to exclude from the report.
The report scheduling features let you set up a report for a one-time run in the future or on a recurring schedule. Various options exist for how and where to save the report and the format to use, such as PDF, EXCEL, or XML.Back to Top
On any report in the Console, click Display at the top of the page to show settings that control the reporting period.
Under Time Range Quick Switch, there are configurable fields.
Previous, last, current
The first field specifies when the reporting period starts and ends.
The second drop down menu presents a list of possible durations.
custom option lets you specify an exact span of time, such as 1M2w (1 month and 2 weeks) or 1h45m (1 hour and 45 minutes).
calendar value lets you specify an exact date/time range, as shown here:
Block-out maintenance calendar
The small calendar icon provides a way to specify days and hours to exclude from the metrics. For example, the following calendar excludes metrics collected for 11 to 11:59 PM every Monday.Back to Top
On any report in the Console, clickto access the report scheduling tabs shown here:
- Scheduling tab
- Configure hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly recurring schedules. Configure the times and days to run the report. An Advanced option lets you define a recurring schedule using a valid Cron expression. Cron is an operating system job scheduler utility.
- Click a checkbox to store the report results on the Console, in the Stored Reports node at the top of the navigation tree.
- Choose a report format and configure a list of email addresses to receive the results whenever the report runs.
- Remote Transfer
- Choose a report format and configure remote file transfer information to send the report results to another system. For configuration instructions, click New Remote Location and then click the icon next to the URL field.
- Configure the system alert managers that should receive report results.
Available formats for email and remote transfer include PDF, CSV, XML, and EXCEL.
Review, delete, and change scheduled reports
To see a list of all scheduled reports, click Scheduled Reports in the Console navigation tree.
Right-click a report in the list to see available management options, including deleting or editing the schedule.Back to Top