ViPR 2.2 - Create ViPR Projects
Table of Contents
Before you begin
- You must be either a Tenant Administrator or a Project Administrator to be allowed to create projects.
- Projects created by a Tenant Administrator can only be administrated by a Project Administrator if the Project Administrator is the project owner.
- Projects created by a Project Administrator are visible to, and can be administrated by, a Tenant Administrator.
- Select .
- Select Add, to create a new project, or click the project name to edit the project.
- Enter the name of the project.
- In the
Owner field, enter the name of the project owner.
This is the AD/LDAP name of the user. If you do not enter a name, you will be the project owner.The project owner should be a Project Administrator. This provides a way of allowing a project created by a Tenant Administrator to be delegated to a Project Administrator.If you are a Tenant Administrator, projects that you own cannot be administrated by Project Administrator unless you make them the owner.If you assign project ownership to a provisioning user, the user will not be able to perform administration at the UI.
- You can associate a quota with the project to limit the amount of storage provision for the project.
- Check the Enable Quota box
- In the Quota field, enter the maximum amount of storage that you want to allow.
- To assign project permissions to other users, select
An ACL field is displayed allowing you enter a user or group name and assign a permission.
- Enter the name of a user or group and set the Type field to be consistent.
- Select the access permission for the user as either ALL or BACKUP.
ALL permission allows users to provision resources that belong to a project and to run services against resources owned by a project. BACKUP allows a user to view the resources belonging to a project and perform data protection operations.More information on adding users and groups to an access control list is provided in:
- To add more users or groups, select
Add ACL again.
You can remove an ACL entry by clicking Remove.
- When you have added all ACL entries, click Save.