Obtain and upload a license file to EMC ViPR
Table of Contents
This article applies to EMC ViPR 2.0.
At a minimum you need to obtain at least a controller license and upload it to the ViPR virtual appliance.
Thepage shows the installed licenses and the page provides additional details.
Before you begin
In order to obtain the license file you must have the License Authorization Code (LAC), which was emailed from EMC.
- Go to support.EMC.com
- Select .
- Select Get and Manage Licenses.
- Select ViPR from the list of products.
- On the LAC Request page, enter the LAC code and Activate.
- Select the entitlements to activate and Start Activation Process.
Add a Machine to specify any meaningful string for grouping licenses.
The "machine name" does not have to be a machine name at all; enter any string that will help you keep track of your licenses.
- Enter the quantities for each entitlement to be activated, or select
Activate All. Click
If you are obtaining licenses for a multisite (geo) configuration, you should distribute the unstructured capacity and controllers as appropriate in order to obtain individual license files for each virtual data center.
- Optionally specify an addressee to receive an email summary of the activation transaction.
- Click Finish.
Save to File to save the license file (.lic) to a folder on your computer.
This is the license file that is needed during initial setup of ViPR after deployment, or when adding a new license later ().