Configure a Tenant to use ViPR Data Services
Table of Contents
This article applies to EMC ViPR 2.0.
If you intend to configure ViPR with multiple tenants you should refer to Understanding ViPR Multi-Tenant Configuration to plan your configuration.
Before a tenant can be used for Data Services, the tenant namespace must be set. In addition, the Data Services tenant configuration requires the selection of a default data services virtual pool and the selection of a default project.
Before you begin
- The System Administrator role is required to access the page.
- A virtual pool with at least one data store assigned must exist and be available to the tenant.
- A project must have been created for the tenant so that it can be assigned as the default project for the tenant. You must have access to the project in order to perform the assignment. If a project does not exist, you should ask the Tenant Administrator to create the project and give you access to it.
The root user account has these roles and can be used to perform this task.
- Select .
- If more than one tenant has been created, select the tenant for which you want to set the namespace from the tenant drop-down menu.
- Enter the identity of the namespace to use for this tenant.
The namespace must be unique for each tenant in the same ViPR virtual data center.
- Select the default virtual pool.
This is the default virtual pool in which to store, and from which to retrieve, objects. When using the ViPR Object Service, if a client does not specify a virtual pool, the contents of the default virtual pool that is visible to the logged in user will be returned by ViPR.
- Select the project that you want to assign as the default for the tenant from the list of projects to which you are assigned.
When buckets are created they are assigned to projects so that the project can be used to meter operations on the object store.
- Select Save.