ViPR Controller 2.3 - Deployment Readiness Checklist
Table of Contents
For the specific models, and versions supported by the ViPR Controller, ViPR Controller resource requirements see the ViPR Controller Support Matrix.
- Identify an VMware or Hyper-V instance on which to deploy ViPR Controller.
- Make sure all ESXi servers (or all HyperV servers) on which ViPR controller will be installed are synchronized with good NTP servers.
- Collect credentials to access the VMware or Hyper-V instance.
Deploying ViPR Controller credentials for an account that has privileges to deploy on the VMware or Hyper-V instance.
- Refer to the ViPR Controller Support Matrix to understand the ViPR Controller VMware or Hyper-V resource requirements, and verify that the VMware or Hyper-V instance has sufficient resources for ViPR Controller deployment.
- Identify 4 IP addresses for 3 node deployment or 6 IP addresses for 5 node deployment. The addresses are needed for the
ViPR Controller VMs and for the virtual IP by which REST clients and the UI access the system. The address can be IPv4 or IPv6.
that in dual mode, all controllers and VIPs must have both IPv6 and IPv4 addresses.
- A supported browser.
- Download the ViPR Controller deployment files from support.EMC.com and deploy.
- For each ViPR Controller VM, collect: IP address, IP network mask, IP network gateway, and optionally IPv6 prefix length and IPv6 default gateway.
- Two or three DNS servers
- Two or three NTP servers.
- ViPR Controller requires ICMP protocol is enabled for installation and normal usage.
- FTPS server for storing ViPR Controller backups remotely. You need the URL of the FTPS server and credentials for an account with read and write privileges on the FTPS server. Plan for 6 GB per backup initially, then monitor usage and adjust as needed.
- A valid SMTP server and email address.
- An Active Directory or LDAP server and related attributes.
ViPR Controller validates added users against an authentication server. To use accounts other than the built-in user accounts, you need to specify.