ViPR Controller 2.3 - Step-by-Step: Set up a virtual data center
Table of Contents
The following steps are required to build your VDC from the ViPR Controller UI. For detailed steps see the ViPR Controller User Interface Virtual Data Center Configuration Guide. For steps to configure the VDC from the ViPR Controller REST API, see the ViPR Controller REST API Virtual Data Center Configuration Guide. Both documents are available from the ViPR Controller Product Documentation Index.
- Review the physical asset version requirements in the ViPR Controller Support Matrix, which is available from the EMC Community Network.
- Review the configuration requirements, and information for the ViPR Controller physical and virtual assets in the ViPR Controller Virtual Data Center Requirements and Information Guide, which is available from the ViPR Controller Product Documentation Index.
- Add physical assets to
- Add storage systems ( ).
- Add data protection systems ( ).
- Add fabric managers and SAN networks ( ).
- Add hosts and clusters ( ).
- Add vCenters and ESX/ESXi clusters ( ).
- For VCE Vblock systems, Add a Vblock compute system ( ) and compute images ( ).
ViPR Controller virtual assets.
- Create and configure a virtual array. ( ).
- Create virtual pools.
- Create Block virtual pools ( ).
- Create File virtual pools ( ).
- Create Compute virtual pools ( ) .