View Commodity logs
This article applies to EMC ViPR 2.0.
Storage administrators can access the logs associated with Commodity services from the ViPR controller. The controller provides useful ways to filter and view the log data. You can also SSH into a node and access the logs.
- Access the
System Logs page and select the
The System Logs Filter dialog appears.
Service, select the log or logs you want to view.
Select fabric_zk_agent, fabricapi, and sysagent to capture the main activity of the Commodity system.
- From the Level list, choose the information level you want to view.
- Optionally, use the To and > From controls to specify a date range.
- Optionally, use the Message control to look for log entries with certain text.
Browse the results on the System Logs page. Click the icon under the Level column to see details for a log entry.
You can access Commodity logs directly by an SSH session on a node. Change to the following directory: /opt/storageos/logs/
- apisvc.log: Records information from the REST API service.
- authsvc.log: Records information from the authentication service.
- fabriccontrolsvc.log: Records information from the fabric service.
- objcontrolsvc.log: Records information from the object service.
- syssvc.log: Records information from the system service.