ViPR on commodity installation checklist
Table of Contents
This article applies to EMC ViPR 2.0.
Refer to the EMC ViPR Support Matrix on support.EMC.com for the specific models and versions supported.
- Verify the nodes, operating system, and kernel meet the requirements:
- Verify the following tools are available on the nodes:
- Verify the disk enclosure meets the minimum requirements:
- Verify the required network infrastructure is available:
- Verify all of the nodes within the system are routable to one another. Traffic between nodes cannot be blocked by a firewall.
- Verify the following infrastructure services are available and reachable from all nodes. Obtain and record the names and IP addresses:
- DHCP server
- DNS server (or forwarder)
- NTP server
- SMTP server
- Verify SSH is enabled on all nodes
- The system requires system-level and application level ports are granted access/allowed in iptables. Verify the following ports are open:
- For Zookeeper: 2181, 2888, 3888
- For Docker registry: 5000
See the ViPRSecurity Guide for the list of ports that must be open.Back to Top