ViPR 2.1 - Manage EMC ViPR CAS Pools, Clusters, and Profiles
Table of Contents
- Select .
- To open the Edit CAS Cluster page, select the CAS cluster.
- Edit the Name, Cluster mask, and Retention Classes as required.
- To save the edits, click Save.
After you finish
To edit the CAS pools and CAS profiles associated with CAS clusters, select the CAS cluster name and then select either Pools or Profiles.Back to Top
- Select .
- To open the CAS Pools page, click the Pools button to the far right of the CAS cluster you are editing.
- To open the Edit CAS Pool page, select the CAS pool.
- Edit the Pool Mask and Retention Period as required.
Select Enable Pool Retention only if the application retention period is not 0. Most applications use a default retention period of 0, which overrides the CAS pool retention. If you enable retention on CAS pools in this situation, it can result in file loss and application errors.
- To save the edits and return to the CAS Pools page, click Save.
- Select .
- To open the CAS Profiles page, click Profiles at the far right of the CAS cluster row you are editing.
- To open the Edit CAS Profile page, select the name of the CAS profile you are editing.
- Access the profile options as required.
Option Description PEA
Click Download to save or view the PEA file.
A Pool Entry Authorization File (PEA) that contains the profile's authentication credentials is generated by the system when you create or update a profile. The PEA file contains the namespace associated with the cluster, the name of the profile, and the secret you created for the profile.
Secret Key Edit the secret key that applications use to access the CAS cluster. Home Pool Select the CAS pool to which the profile has access. Enable Checkbox to enable the profile.§ Capabilities Select the appropriate checkboxes to enable read, write, delete, query, privileged-delete, exist, and clip-enumeration for this profile. Profile Metadata Add or modify the profile metadata names and values as required.
- To save the edits and return to the CAS Profiles page, click Save.