ECS Appliance installation readiness checklist
Table of Contents
An ECS Appliance deployment consists of the following components:
- An ESX environment that includes:
- ViPRController: For more information, see Install EMC ViPR controller.
- Data fabric installer host: A VM packaged as an OVA file. It contains all of the software and services necessary to install and configure the data fabric on
ECS Appliance nodes. It creates a VM with the following specifications:
The ESX Server environment where the ViPR controller and the ECS installer host are deployed must be on a network that is reachable by the ECS Appliance to be installed.
- One or more
ECS Appliance racks.
The rack must be uplinked to the customer network.
The rack and all nodes must be powered on.
The nodes must have valid IP addresses assigned by a DHCP server.
- Infrastructure requirements: The data center environment must include the following servers that are reachable from all
ECS Appliance nodes.
- DHCP server
- DNS server (or forwarder)
- NTP server
- SMTP server
SSH must be enabled on all nodes.
System and application-level ports must be granted access/allowed in iptables. Verify the following ports are open:
- For ZooKeeper: 2181, 2888, 3888
- For Docker registry: 5000
See the ViPRSecurity Guide for the list of ports that must be open.