ViPR SRM 3.6 – Configure and View Critical Device Alerts
Table of Contents
A device might be important to a data center or to an application. Therefore, any alerts for such devices would be of high importance. Such devices can be marked as critical, and alerts for those devices appear in the Alerts for Watched Devices report.
The Alerts for Watched Devices report displays all active alerts that are generated after configuring a device as critical.
The report shows all alerts that are associated with critical devices, regardless of their severity.Back to Top
- Use this method if you have a list of device names already prepared that you can copy and paste:
- Click .
- Expand the Primary Backend hostname.
- Click .
- In the right pane, expand Configuration Files.
- Click Edit for the conf/critical-device.csv file.
- In the text editor that opens, add desired device names to the file.
- Click Save.
- Use this method to select individual device names from a generated list:
- Navigate to .
- If you have not already done so, register the Event-Processing-Manager module, as follows:
- Click Register a new module.
- From the displayed list, select the Primary Backend server, the Event-Processing category, and the Event-Processing-Manager module.
- Click Register.
- In the Data Enrichment table, click the Primary Backend server name.
- Expand the critical-device bar.
- In the table, click in the first row of the
Device Name column to expose a drop-down box, and type a backspace to erase the default phrase.
The drop-down list should now display device names, sorted alphabetically.
- Type the beginning characters of the device name that you want to mark as critical, which generates a list of matching values, and then select the desired device name.
- To select another device, right-click the icon in the first column, and select Insert before or Insert after.
- In the new row, select another device name, and type 1 in the isproblem column.
- When the list of critical devices is complete, click Save.
- On the Save Data Enrichment screen, click Update.
- You can now close the Data Enrichment browser tab.
- Navigate to
Remember, only alerts that were issued after the device was marked as critical appear on the report.
- If you have admin role, you can right-click an alert description in the report and choose a management action, such as Acknowledge or Take Ownership.
- To re-sort the report by a column's values, click the arrows in the column header.
- To drill into a specific alert, click the alert row.
The Alert Details and Impact Analysis report opens, showing details about the alert.