Add Stand-alone ScaleIO Storage to ViPR Using the ViPR REST API
This article also describes how the storage is discovered, and registered after it is added to ViPR.
This article applies to EMC ViPR 2.0.
This article is part of a series
- Authenticate with the ViPR REST API
- Add physical assets to ViPR:
- Create ViPR virtual assets:
Before you begin
- Authenticate with the ViPR REST API as a System Administrator.
- Interface Type - scaleio.
- IP Address of the primary MDM.
- Port Number - The port used to SSH into the primary MDM host. The default is 22.
- user_name - user name for the ScaleIO. Storage system administrator privileges are required.
- password - password associated with the user_name.
- The EMC ViPR REST API Reference provides a description and complete list of parameters for the REST API methods used in this article.
- Add the stand-alone ScaleIO storage to
POST /vdc/storage-providers. A task is returned whose URI can be queried to determine the status of the task.
- Query the ScaleIO create task, using the task URL from the response body of the POST request. When the
message attribute of the task is
Operation completed successfully, the operation has completed.