Add NetApp storage to ViPR using the REST API
This article also describes how the storage is discovered, and registered after it is added to ViPR, and the important REST API calls to manage and configure the storage after it has been added, and discovered in ViPR.
This article applies to EMC ViPR 2.0.
This article is part of a series
- Authenticate with the ViPR REST API
- Add physical assets to ViPR:
- Create ViPR virtual assets:
- Aggregates are created.
- ONTAP is in 7-mode configuration.
- You have NetApp licenses for NFS, CIFS, and snapshots.
- Run the cifs setup command to perform initial configuration of the filer for CIFS.
The CIFS license must have been installed before running the command.
- If MultiStore is enabled, configure CIFS for the vFilers
Before you begin
- System Type - netapp.
- IP Address - Direct the discovery request to the NetApp OnTap IP.
- Port Number - The default is 443.
- user_name - Name of the root account on the NetApp array.
- password - Password of the root account on the NetApp array.
The EMC ViPR REST API Reference provides a description and complete list of parameters for the REST API methods used in this article.
- Add the NetApp storage system by sending a
POST /vdc/storage-systems request. The request returns a task whose URI can be queried to determine the status of the task.
- Query the NetApp create task, using the task URL from the response body of the POST request. When the
message attribute of the task is
Operation completed successfully, the operation has completed.