Excluding Planned Maintenance Periods from Report Totals
Table of Contents
This feature is implemented by the EMC M&R Maintenance Manager module. The Maintenance Manager replaces the Outage Manager and Outage Detector that existed in previous M&R releases. In an upgrade situation, outages that were defined by the older Outage Manager are honored by Maintenance Manager.
- Click Administration.
- Type a title for the maintenance period
- Select a start date and end date.
- Optionally, enter a comment.
The comment will appear on the maintenance period when the maintenance period appears in a report. The following graphic illustrates a report with an associated maintenance period, which is indicated by yellow. Text from the Comment field is indicated by the small red box.
- To keep the maintenance period out of report totals, leave the Use in report computation field blank
- Select the devices to which the maintenance period applies.
Option Description Add with Filter Select from a list of devices that match the values specified in the Edit Mode settings Outages type and Outages property. Add by Name Enter the name of a device.The devices are displayed in the Objects list.
- Click Save.
- With a report displayed, click Edit Mode.
- Click the Report Configuration tab.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- In Dynamic Maintenance Period, select Maintenance from Events.
- Set the
Outages type to the category set in the Maintenance Editor.
- Set the Outages property to the property you will use for matching.
Assume you have created a maintenance period with a category value of "device" and the objects "localhost" and "lglad118". You have a report in your tree, and on that node, you have the property "part" whose value is "localhost". If you were to set outage type to "device" and outage property to "part", then the "localhost" object from the maintenance period would be matched with the "part" property from the node, and the maintenance period would apply. The maintenance periods that match the values for outages type and the outages property will appear in this report.Back to Top
Typically, the Maintenance Manager is installed automatically with other modules during normal installations. In certain upgrade situations, the Maintenance Manager is not installed. For example, if your existing installation did not include the Maintenance Manager, then an upgrade also would not include it.
Your site needs a license to use the Maintenance Manager. If you need a license, contact EMC Technical Support.
If you receive an error message after navigating to:
- Make sure you have a license to use Maintenance Manager.
- Install Maintenance Manager, if needed.
- Navigate to .
- In the right pane, click the green Install button.
- On the
Packages Installation screen:
- In the Categories list, select Block.
- In the Packages list, select generic-maintenance-manager-vx.x.x, where vx.x.x matches the EMC M&R installed version on the server.
- Click Launch at the bottom of the page.
- Provide an instance name for the component and click Install.
- Install each component as the UI presents them on the screen, clicking Install for each one.
- For the
generic-maintenance-manager component, provide the following information on the installer command line when the prompts appear:
Database Type 1 Database hostname or IP address IP address of the Events Database server Database port  typically use the default Database name [events] typically use the default Database username [apg] typically use the default Database password password for the apg user on the database Listener port  typically use the default
- Type yes to start the installed services.
- When the installation completes, add the new resource to the Tomcat service, as follows:
- Navigate to .
- Under Configuration Files, locate the APG.xml file.
- Make sure that the following line is present in the file. If not, then add it.
<Resource name="outage/OUTAGE-MANAGER" factory="org.apache.naming.factory.BeanFactory" type="com.watch4net.apg.v2.gui.action.outage.OutageConnectionFactory" />
- Save the file.
- If you changed the file, restart the Tomcat service.
- Navigate to to use Maintenance Manager features.