ECS 2.0 – Monitor events: audit portal, API, and CLI events and system alerts
Table of Contents
The Events page under the Monitor menu displays:
- All activity by users working with portal, the ECS REST API, or the ECS CLI.
- Alerts fired by the ECS system.
- Alerts fired by ECS services.
Event data through the ECS Portal is limited to 5 days. If you need to keep event data for longer periods, consider using ViPR SRM.
See the following articles for information about other ECS Portal monitoring pages:
- Monitor resources: hardware, network traffic, disk bandwidth, node and process health
- Monitor storage: metering and capacity
- Monitor services: chunks, erasure coding, geo-replication, and recovery status
- Enter a beginning date in the From field and an ending date in the To field or select the calendar icons to pick the dates. Notice that the default entry in these fields is always the yesterday and today range.
- Select Filter.
- Select a column header to sort the data by User ID, Description, Namespace, or Timestamp in ascending order. Select the column again to change the sort to descending order.