Now Available: A "One EMC" Support Experience
On January 14, 2013, EMC and Isilon support systems and processes were aligned, providing customers with a consistent EMC customer support experience across all EMC products, including enhanced online support.
Summary of changes
This EMC support transition has resulted in service enhancements that change the way you contact EMC Customer Support, create incidents, and gain access to product resources. These changes include:
- EMC Isilon customers will now use EMC Online Support to manage online service requests and access product resources such as Knowledgebase, documentation, and downloads.
- Email is no longer available to open a case/service request; however, EMC Live Chat is available and can be used to quickly open a case online.
- Centralized telephone support – one global number to contact EMC Support (see below)
- Multi-lingual Isilon support availability (German, European Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Chinese, and Korean)
- Support for U.S. Federal customers
- Alignment with EMC Support Options to offer consistency across EMC products, including features and terms and conditions (Gold = EMC Enhanced Support and Platinum = EMC Premium Support)
What actions should I take?
- If you do not already have access to EMC Online Support, register right away at support.emc.com
- Review the EMC Isilon Customer Support Transition Quick Reference Guide for information on setting up your account preferences, frequently asked questions, and more.
- To see a demo of the new EMC online support experience, watch a replay of the live webcast held on January 10, 2013.
New EMC Customer Support contact information
Effective January 14, 2013
Online Support: https://support.emc.com/
United States: 800-782-4362 (800-SVC-4EMC)
Additional worldwide access numbers
EMC Isilon Telephone Support:
From the main menu, select Option 2 (All Hardware Products); then Option 1 (All Hardware Products except AX)
Email Support: Not available
Help with Online Support Tools:
For questions specific to EMC Online Support registration, access, or site association: email@example.com
About EMC Online Support
The EMC Online Support site is a password-protected support portal that provides access to a suite of tools and content and enables you to quickly resolve technical questions and issues related to EMC products. Support features include Support by Product, Downloads, Support Community Forums, and a service request management interface.
The following resources can help you maximize your use of the site’s capabilities:
- EMC Isilon Customer Support Transition Quick Reference Guide
- EMC Online Support FAQs*
- Online Support Overview Video*
- Service Center Video*
* Note: This resource is available after registration/login to EMC Online Support.
Please reference the EMC Isilon Customer Support Transition Quick Reference Guide or contact EMC.