EMC VPLEX Local
EMC VPLEX Local delivers availability and data mobility across arrays. VPLEX is a continuous availability and data mobility platform that enables mission-critical applications to remain up and running during a variety of planned and unplanned downtime scenarios.
By allowing painless, nondisruptive data migrations, VPLEX enables technologies like VMware, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), and other clusters that were built assuming a single storage instance to function across arrays. Customers can achieve continuous availability and transparent mobility through VPLEX's simultaneous access to storage systems in the data center.
Designed for 100 percent continuous operations, VPLEX Local allows you to:
- Take advantage of advanced data caching and distributed cache coherency that creates a high-availability infrastructure across local distances.
- Deploy a next-generation data mobility and continuous availability solution to deliver simultaneous, active-active information access within a data center.
- Access resources across array boundaries within local distances.
- Move and share data nondisruptively within a data center.
- Gain dynamic data mobility, the ability to move applications and data in real time, with no outage required.
- Use EMC RecoverPoint with native splitter technology for VPLEX Local, combining the benefits of high availability and disaster recovery in the same deployment.
- Manage heterogeneous block storage from a single interface with EMC Unisphere for VPLEX, which uses the same graphical user interface (GUI) framework as EMC VNX and EMC VMAX arrays, providing a way to simplify, normalize, and consolidate EMC management tools. You can provision storage in four simple steps with a wizard built into Unisphere.
- Create a new approach to ensuring the availability of your applications and data with EMC Continuous Availability Advisory Services, eliminating downtime and reducing operating expense.