EMC Atmos Virtual Edition
Atmos Virtual Edition offers the core benefits and features of EMC Atmos in a virtualized environment, delivering web-enabled, policy-managed, scalable cloud storage solutions.
Atmos Virtual Edition works with new or existing EMC storage—EMC Celerra, EMC CLARiiON, and EMC Symmetrix products—or any VMware-certified storage. That means IT managers can maximize existing storage investments to optimize content distribution and retention while dramatically reducing provisioning, management, and data protection activities.
Atmos Virtual Edition supports content-rich applications with easy-to-adopt APIs, scales elastically with nondisruptive expansions, and gives application developers and end users instant access to storage with minimal IT provisioning and process.
Atmos Virtual Edition delivers:
- Common APIs—Access instantly storage resources with representational state transfer (REST) and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) Web services APIs across EMC Atmos, Atmos Virtual Edition, and Atmos-powered external clouds.
- Policy-based information management—Improve operational efficiency with easy-to-set policies for content protection, distribution, and additional data services.
- Infinite scalability—Scale easily on demand with no provisioning required.
- GeoProtect—Gain advanced protection techniques designed specifically for distributed cloud environments.
- Object metadata— Refine content distribution, improve searches, and build custom views for cloud-based services.
- Multitenancy— Achieve economies of scale by securely serving multiple applications from a single infrastructure.
- Unified namespace— Simplify your environment and support application scale, managing and presenting information as a single entity.
- Application diversity—Support business-critical applications including backup and archiving, collaboration, and content distribution.