RSA Federated Identity Manager
RSA Federated Identity Manager enables end users to collaborate with partners, service providers, and multiple offices or agencies—all with a single identity and logon. Federated Identity Manager is based on Web services standards including OASIS Web Services Federation (WSFED), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), and Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML 1.1 and 2.0). It can be used to easily integrate, configure, and obtain more options for securely federating both employee and consumer identities.
Federated Identity Manager provides the following features:
- Web single sign-on – Provide a better user experience by allowing your users to sign into your web portal just once.
- Attribute service – Control which attributes are captured for each user and how that information is shared and securely exchanged.
- Account linking – Empower end users to choose which accounts they wish to federate to and to create linkages among accounts.
- Multiprotocol support – Interoperate easily among partners with standards-based integration.
- X.509 attribute sharing profile – Enable dynamic retrieval of user attributes to facilitate access control decisions in real time.
- Out-of-the-box integration with strong authentication – Authenticate identities with confidence, ensuring that those used across business boundaries belong only to authorized users.
- Quick setup tools – Automate setup with a wizard-based approach, bulk federation, policy cloning, and other automated capabilities.