The world’s most trusted protection storage is software-defined with Data Domain Virtual Edition (DD VE). DD VE is simple to configure and deploy and can be up and running in your environment within minutes. Try a full-featured version of DD VE with no time limit before you buy!
For technical support, join the EMC Data Domain Community to access documentation, user guides, FAQs, and training.
High Level features of DD VE:
- Supported on
- VMware ESXi 5.5 and 6.0
- Hyper-V (Windows Server 2012 R2)
- 0.5 TB Community Edition, Up to 96TB capacity paid version
- NFS, CIFS, DD Boost and BoostFS protocols supported
- Includes DD Boost, DD Replicator, and DD Encryption software
- Supports Data Domain Cloud Tier for LTR (Only available in the paid version)
- Multiple replication topologies: virtual to physical, physical to virtual, and virtual to virtual
- VMware vSphere High Availability and Fault Tolerance support
- Data Domain System Manager support for manageability
IMPORTANT: Watch the demo and learn how to download, install, and configure DD VE.
Data Domain Virtual Edition 3.0
Pre-requisites for DD VE Environment:
- Hypervisor requirements –
- VMware vSphere 5.5 or 6.0.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 for Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Each CPU has to be 1.5GHZ or higher.
- The following level of resources will be needed based on the storage capacity:
Virtual Hardware DD VE configuration 4TB 8TB 16TB 32TB 48TB 64TB 96TB vCPU 2 2 4 4 4 8 8 Memory Size 6GB 8GB 16GB 24GB 36GB 48GB 64GB CPU At least 1.5GHz per core System disks One 250 GB root disk and 10 GB NVRAM disk NVRAM simulation file size 2GB Network Card Up to 8 Network Adapters Storage controller Up to 4 SCSI controllers
Note that DD VE configuration with DD Cloud Tier will be different. Please check the install guide for the configuration details.
License requirements: There is no additional license required to run DD VE for non-production use. If you are ready to purchase DD VE, Contact your Sales Associate.
Reporting Security Vulnerabilities
If you identify a security vulnerability in an EMC product, please report the problem immediately. Timely identification of security vulnerabilities is critical to eliminating potential threats.
Customers, partners, and other entitled users of an EMC product should contact EMC Technical Support to report security issues discovered in EMC products. The EMC Technical Support team in collaboration with the appropriate product team and the EMC Product Security Response Team will work together on addressing the issue.
Security researchers, industry groups, vendors, and other users that do not have access to EMC Technical Support can send vulnerability reports via e-mail to email@example.com. Please encrypt your message using the EMC’s PGP key. Please see http://www.emc.com/products/security/product-security-response-center.htm for more details.
You must agree to the terms and conditions.
Please Note: Due to some large file sizes, it is advised that you save the file to disk when prompted.