Oracle OLTP Database Performance
- Oracle Database 11g customers
- Oracle Database 10g customers
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) customers
- Maximize Oracle database performance at the lowest cost
- Accelerate Oracle replication in production, development, and test
- Enhance Oracle backup, recovery, and disaster recovery
Enhanced Disaster Recovery
Maximizing Oracle performance used to require adding increased central processing unit (CPU) power and excess storage devices, combined with constant database tuning of Oracle databases. As a result, companies have suffered excess costs on infrastructure that’s inefficiently provisioned, with databases being forced to be reactive rather than proactive.
EMC fully automated storage tiering with virtual pools (FAST VP) software puts the right Oracle data in the right place at the right time to improve performance and reduce costs in tiered environments. FAST uses simplified policies to manage storage resources based on built-in automation and intelligence. FAST can optimize placement of data at either the volume or logical unit number (LUN) or the subLUN level.
EMC FAST VP enhances both physical and virtual Oracle database environments, allowing higher storage utilization and performance at scale, with reduced cost.
Figure 1. FAST VP Architecture
- Storage tiering is performed independent of the host operating system or applications, and during tiering storage devices remain fully accessible to database transactions
- Only active portions of a volume or LUN get promoted to enterprise Flash drives, allowing targeted use of Flash to dramatically increase performance
- Inactive Oracle data volumes or LUN move to serial ATA (SATA) drives, providing more cost savings as Oracle environments scale
- Time windows can be defined when FAST should collect performance statistics and when FAST should move devices between storage types
- Double Oracle transactions per minute
- Reduce latency for faster response times
- Faster storage tiering by 80 percent and without downtime
Leverage fast, scalable deduplication backup software and system optimized for virtual environments, network-attached storage (NAS) servers, enterprise applications, remote offices, and desktops/laptops.
EMC Data Domain
Leverage deduplication storage systems for next-generation backup, recovery, and archiving.
EMC RecoverPoint Family
Ensure operational and disaster recovery using local/remote data replication with continuous data protection for recovery to any point.
Oracle Data Warehouse Solutions
Maximize the value of your Oracle data warehouses with Oracle data warehouse solutions from EMC.
Oracle Application Solutions
Maximize the value of your Oracle application environments with Oracle application solutions from EMC.
Oracle Server Virtualization Solutions
Maximize the value of your virtualized Oracle environments with Oracle server virtualization solutions from EMC.
Data Protection Solutions for Oracle
Speed and simplify Oracle backup and recovery.
Implement Oracle database solutions with help from the following EMC partners:
Partners since 1995, EMC and Oracle have helped over 70,000 customers optimize their Oracle software on EMC. Deep investment in jointly engineered, EMC Proven Solutions, and global joint escalation centers make the EMC-Oracle relationship unique.
- EMC VNX7500 Scaling Performance for Oracle 11g R2 on VMware vSphere 5.1
- EMC VFCache Accelerates Virtualized Oracle: EMC Symmetrix VMAX, VMware vSphere
- EMC Performance for Oracle: EMC VNX, Enterprise Flash Drives, FAST Cache, VMware vSphere
- EMC Mission-Critical Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery for Oracle Extended RAC - EMC VPLEX, EMC RecoverPoint, EMC VMAX, EMC VNX, Brocade Networking
- White Paper: EMC Oracle Storage Connect Integration Module Enabling Simple and Fast Symmetrix VMAX Storage Array Management for Virtualized Oracle E-Business Suite
- Reference Architecture - Oracle on XtremIO
News & Blogs
July 28, 2011EMC Accelerates Virtualization of Mission-Critical Oracle Environments on VMware Platform
October 3, 2011EMC Unveils New Proven Solutions and Best Practices for Oracle
September 29, 2011EMC’s Joe Tucci to Keynote Oracle OpenWorld 2011
Training & Events
Recorded WebcastVirtualizing Oracle: Lessons Learned from American Tire and EMC Global IT
On-Demand WebcastVirtual Oracle Deployment Best Practices from EMC IT
On-Demand WebcastMaximum Performance and Availability For Virtualized Oracle Databases