Oracle Continuous Availability Solutions
- Oracle databases
- Oracle applications
- Oracle RAC environments
- Bring applications back to any point-in-time locally or remotely
- Ensure consistency across databases and applications during recovery
- Deliver non-stop access and data availability
Stretch Oracle RAC over Distance
Non-Stop Data Access
Cost-Effective Protection over Distance
Global enterprises demand always-on application and information availability to remain competitive. The EMC®solution described herein offers a high availability and disaster avoidance strategy for mission-critical applications, such as Oracle database and applications. Recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs) are key metrics when planning a business continuity strategy
For mission-critical Oracle applications, high availability is essential. This dictates aggressive RPOs and RTOs and demands solutions that minimize data loss and recovery times. The main challenges that businesses must consider when designing a high availability and disaster recovery (DR) solution include:
- Eliminating single points of failure (SPOF)—technology, people, processes
- Maximizing resource utilization
- Reducing infrastructure costs
- Managing the complexity of integrating, maintaining, and testing multiple point Solutions
EMC VPLEX and EMC RecoverPoint to provide business continuity and disaster recovery for mission-critical Oracle Extended RAC databases in heterogeneous storage environments:
- EMC VPLEX Metro provides a virtual storage layer that enables an active/active Metro data center with 24/7 application availability, no single points of failure, and zero RPOs and RTOs. In the event of server, site, data center, or network failure, the Oracle database remains available.
- EMC RecoverPoint replication technology uses sophisticated journaling and write splitting to enable continuous replication to a third DR site. This enables fast and easy point-in-time recovery.
The three-site topology deployed for this solution provides these main benefits:
- With VPLEX enabling active/active data centers with zero RTOs and RPOs, customers can avoid the downtime associated with site loss and storage array failures.
- With RecoverPoint replicating production data to a third site, customers can rapidly recover from application data corruption, viruses, or human error, and from wide-scale physical disasters that affect both VPLEX Metro clusters.
- With RecoverPoint journaling technology, customers can recover to specific points in time, in case the latest image is corrupt.
Partners since 1995, EMC and Oracle have helped over 70,000 customers optimize their Oracle software on EMC. Deep investment in jointly engineered, EMC Proven Solutions, and global joint escalation centers make the EMC-Oracle relationship unique.
Deploy next-generation architecture to enable simultaneous information access within, between, and across data centers.
Automate the entire data replication process through a centralized management console with EMC Replication Manager replication software.
EMC RecoverPoint Family
Ensure operational and disaster recovery using local/remote data replication with continuous data protection for recovery to any point.
Oracle Application Solutions
Maximize the value of your Oracle application environments with Oracle application solutions from EMC.
Data Protection Solutions for Oracle
Speed and simplify Oracle backup and recovery.
Oracle Data Warehouse Solutions
Maximize the value of your Oracle data warehouses with Oracle data warehouse solutions from EMC.
Oracle Database Solutions
Maximize the value of your Oracle database environments with Oracle database solutions from EMC.
Oracle Server Virtualization Solutions
Maximize the value of your virtualized Oracle environments with Oracle server virtualization solutions from EMC.
Blue Cross Blue Shield MA
ESGRunning Oracle on EMC
IDCContinuous Replication for Mission-Critical Applications
WikibonVirtualization of Oracle Evolves to Best Practice for Production Systems
- EMC VNX7500 Scaling Performance for Oracle 11g R2 on VMware vSphere 5.1
- Enhancing Oracle Database Protection with EMC RecoverPoint - Applied Technology
- EMC Mission-Critical Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery for Oracle Extended RAC - EMC VPLEX, EMC RecoverPoint, EMC VMAX, EMC VNX, Brocade Networking
- Oracle RAC on Extended Distance Clusters with EMC VPLEX METRO Best Practices Planning
- Demo: Continuous Operations for Oracle RAC with EMC VPLEX
- EMC VPLEX Metro for Oracle RAC Solution Overview
- Oracle Disaster Recovery Failover With EMC RecoverPoint
- Oracle Disaster Recovery Testing with EMC Symmetrix VMAXe and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager
Dell EMC Perspectives
News & Blogs
Training & Events
EMC World 2013May 6-9, 2013 – The Venetian, Las Vegas, NV