Oracle Cloud Computing Solutions
- Oracle DBAs
- Application owners
- Cloud directors
- Simplify IT operations for Oracle and other environments
- Spend less time and budget maintaining Oracle
- Run Oracle Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS)
Automation and Self-Service
Moving Oracle databases to a cloud platform is making more and more sense for many enterprises. Databases are growing rapidly, and enterprises find they are spending too much time and budget maintaining their existing physical environments. They are turning to highly virtualized cloud environments to improve efficiencies and reduce costs. For many organizations, the question is not whether to move Oracle to the cloud, but how to do so most effectively and efficiently.
The EMC Hybrid Cloud (EHC) solution enables EMC customers to build an enterprise-class, scalable, multitenant infrastructure that enables:
- Complete management of the infrastructure service lifecycle
- On-demand access to and control of network bandwidth, servers, storage, and security
- Provisioning, monitoring, and management of the infrastructure services by the line of business end user, without IT administrator involvement
- Maximum asset utilization
- Application services: Single platform for both business-critical and next-generation cloud applications
The key components of EMC Hybrid Cloud include:
- VMware vCloud Suite
- VMware vCNS or VMware NSX networking
- EMC ViPR Software-Defined Storage
- EMC VNX and EMC Symmetrix VMAX storage platforms, EMC Avamar, EMC Data Domain, and EMC Data Protection Advisor
This hybrid cloud enables Oracle DBAs and infrastructure managers to simplify and automate many of the tasks involved in database management, particularly in activities such as monitoring availability, diagnosing performance, and managing backup and recovery. The improvement in infrastructure performance and improved tools allows a significant reduction in operational and DBA costs. According to Wikibon research, the creation of a DBaaS infrastructure would allow costs to be reduced by about 47 percent over a five-year period.
EMC VMAX Family
Accelerate your transformation to the hybrid cloud with the world’s most powerful, agile, trusted, and smart family of storage products.
VCE Vblock Systems
VCE integrates technologies from industry-leading vendors to deliver a converged infrastructure that transforms IT purchase, deployment, management, and support.
Get continuous data protection with multiple recovery points to restore applications instantly to a specific point in time.
Deploy next-generation architecture to enable simultaneous information access within, between, and across data centers.
VSPEX for Oracle
Eliminate the planning, sizing, and configuration burdens that normally come with deploying an Oracle environment.
Oracle All-Flash Array
XtremIO all-flash arrays redefine the Oracle infrastructure database delivering the thin provisioning, data reduction, and management simplicity you need.
Oracle Lifecycle Management
Learn more about Oracle lifecycle management, including database copies on demand, accelerated testing and development, and less disruptive upgrades.
Mission-Critical Oracle Solutions
Leverage EMC Proven Solutions to optimize your Oracle database environments. Maximize performance at the lowest cost with EMC tiered storage and software.
Dell EMC Perspectives
Data and Spec Sheets
- Big Ideas, Big Tech: Oracle and Cloud Computing - EMC Hybrid Cloud Solution, IaaS
- Customer Video - DBA Video Series - Cloud Computing