Transportation, Planning, and Environment Solutions
- Transportation systems
- Government planning
- Central, state, and local municipalities
- Enforce clear policies
- Achieve new levels of collaboration
- Optimize continuity of operations
In the public sector, geospatial information systems (GIS) aren't new. Most agencies already know the power of GIS applications to transform raw data into interactive graphical maps, but they're challenged with data explosions.
According to Daratech, GIS data has grown at a compound annual rate of 15.5 percent for the last eight years—about twice the rate of growth for GIS or geospatial software and services. Across many agencies, there's an acknowledged need for GIS data consolidation and sharing to improve decision making, deliver better citizen service, and reduce operating costs.
EMC Transportation, Planning, and Environment Solutions enable public sector agencies to:
- Facilitate anytime, anywhere access to Esri ArcGIS geographic information
- Serve geographic information to towns, cities, municipalities, states, federal departments, and other governments simultaneously, without performance impact, and more quickly than ever by leveraging a common geospatial data pool
- Support workers' desire to use hand-held devices for access from field or home
- Optimize performance and reduce overall costs by leveraging the lab-tested Vblock infrastructure platform
- Deploy a government-managed, shared-services model or deliver hosting capabilities as a service provider
- Charge back to departments to recoup costs and conceive new revenue streams
- Better serve, protect, and encourage citizen involvement
Physical Security Solution
Manage, archive, protect, authenticate, and scale your security systems and video surveillance information in a more dynamic and efficient way.
EMC Consulting for Public Sector
Use our expertise to help you balance service demands and resources to benefit the public trust.
- Customer Profile: Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegación Aerea (AENA)
- Customer Profile: Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Customer Profile: Network Rail
- EMC Cloud Advisory Service For The Public Sector
- Service Overview: EMC Consulting Continuity of Operations Services for the Public Sector