EMC Journey to the Cloud Awards 2011
The awards honor those elite customers and partners at the forefront of driving innovation, performance and business value through the use of virtualization as the foundational step to achieving the benefits of cloud computing. The awards were presented during a customer appreciation event on Tuesday, August 30th, 2011 at VMworld 2011® in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Lone Star College – Technology Excellence – Achieving Savings, Efficiencies and Agility in the Cloud
- Northern Hospital of Surry County – Operational Transformation – Accelerating the Journey to the Cloud
- CSC – Partner Innovation – Accelerating Cloud Computing: Products
- CSC – Partner Innovation – Accelerating Cloud Computing: Services
- Brad Furukawa, Chief Technology Officer of Internal IT Group, Northrop Grumman- Cloud Computing Visionary Award
A panel of representatives from Enterprise Strategy Group, InformationWeek, Virtualization Review, EMC and VMware judged customer and partner nominations based on the following criteria:
- Innovation – Do the results reflect new capabilities or significant improvements in the realm of virtualization and cloud computing for your business?
- Value – Does the product represent a cost-effective solution? Can the ROI and business value be easily justified?
- Performance – Does the product perform to the degree that the solution improves overall data center operations?
2011 Award Categories
- Technology Excellence – Achieving Savings, Efficiencies and Agility in the Cloud – Winner: Lone Star College
Recognizes customers that have successfully virtualized mission critical applications to achieve operational efficiency and business agility in their cloud infrastructure
- Operational Transformation – Accelerating the Journey to the Cloud – Winner: Northern Hospital of Surry County
Recognizes those organizations that have successfully accelerated the adoption of cloud computing through enhancements in IT operations and staff education.
- Partner Innovation – Accelerating Cloud Computing: Products – Winner: CSC
Recognizes EMC partners that have raised the bar in delivering innovative solutions, product integrations and/or applications to help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud.
- Partner Innovation – Accelerating Cloud Computing: Services – Winner: CSC
Recognizes EMC service provider partners that have transformed IT by delivering innovative hosted services or hybrid cloud solutions that help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud.
- Cloud Computing Visionary Award – Winner: Brad Furukawa, Chief Technology Officer for Northrop Grumman’s IT Group
Recognizes an IT leader who has demonstrated extraordinary thought-leadership and vision, accelerating cloud adoption in their organization.