CloudBoost CLOUD ENABLER FOR EMC DATA PROTECTION SUITE FAMILY
FAST AND EFFICIENT
COST-EFFECTIVE AND FLEXIBLE
EMC Data Protection Suite with CloudBoost delivers optimized data protection for enterprise applications running in the public cloud, on-premises in your data center, or both. The same solution supports cloud-based backup & recovery for both operational and long-term retention purposes and enables you to decide whether or not to retain on-premises copies of your backups as well.
Protection for Your Data Wherever It Resides
Data Protection Suite with CloudBoost is an integrated solution for cloud data protection with optimizations to secure your data everywhere.
- Backup on-premises and replicate to the cloud for scenarios where you have existing on-premises infrastructure and wish to use public or private object storage instead of tape for long-term retention. Backup copies required for short term operational recovery remain on-premises for fast restore. Optionally, a disaster recovery site can be established for contingency purposes.
- Backup to the cloud for scenarios where your applications are running on-premises and you wish to use public or private object storage for all your backup workloads, including both short term backups for operational recovery and long term backups for compliance.
- Backup in the cloud for scenarios where you have applications running in public cloud VM instances and wish to use public cloud object storage for all backup workloads, including short term backups for operational recovery and long term backups for compliance.
Data Protection Suite with CloudBoost delivers all the attributes you need for cloud-based enterprise data protection.
- Scale. A single CloudBoost instance can support up to 6 petabytes of data in the cloud, while additional instances can easily be deployed to increase overall scale and flexibility.
- Performance and Efficiency. Fine-grained deduplication, compression, and WAN optimization – all applied at the source – optimize performance while minimizing consumption of network bandwidth and cloud storage capacity.
- Security. Enterprise-grade security is assured regardless of where data is stored. Each file is segmented into small, variable-sized chunks, and each chunk is individually encrypted with its own independent AES-256 key. All transfers take place over HTTPS, and data remains encrypted in-flight and at rest at all times.
- Enterprise Readiness. With over twenty-five years of experience and a position of market leadership, EMC has invested heavily in architecting proven data protection solutions for the modern, software-defined data center. Also, recognizing that modern IT infrastructure requires a modern customer service experience, we answer the call with a wide range of customer service offerings and capabilities that are personalized, proactive, and predictive.
- EMC NetWorker
Backup and recovery software that centralizes, automates, and accelerates data backup and recovery across your IT environment with a common management interface.
- EMC Data Protection Suite Family
Comprehensive purpose-built protection for diverse backup and recovery landscapes, mission-critical applications, virtualized environments, archived data, and more.
- EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS)
Software-defined, cloud scale object and HDFS storage platform with the ability to efficiently store billions of objects while delivering data anywhere to any device.
- Virtustream Storage Cloud (VSC)
A hyperscale storage platform built for resiliency, performance—and transformation.
Data and Spec Sheets
News & Blogs
- EMC Core Blog: Experiences Meet Expectations
- EMC Core Blog: Tape is Like a Parachute
- EMC Core Blog: The Magic of Cloud Storage
- Oh, There’s-No-Place-Like-Las-Vegas Holidays
- The Familiar Enterprise Experience in the Cloud