Career Growth and Development
We strongly encourage EMC employees to continue their professional development. EMC University offers a vast selection of course offerings to help you develop your competency levels. Employees can also take advantage of mentoring programs, job-based competency evaluations, and web-based career development courses.
EMC views development as a shared responsibility between EMC, employees, and managers:
- Create a learning environment that encourages and expects employees to develop new capabilities that build long-term careers and add greater value to EMC.
- Provide best-in-class development opportunities and tools supported by integrated HR systems and processes.
- Take ownership for both career and ongoing development.
- Maintain an active Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- Participate in continuous learning through on-the-job development to keep skills current.
- Continuously prepare for advancement opportunities.
- Remain open to receiving, as well as actively seeking, relevant feedback.
- Make employee development an integral aspect of ongoing operations.
- Work with employees to achieve career and development goals.
- Coach employees through real-time feedback.
- Promote on-the-job development in support of the active use of Individual Development Plans (IDPs).
- Serve as mentors and resources to others.
EMC training programs
- EMC University — Take advantage of professional development and training programs—both technical and organization-specific (e.g. manufacturing, sales, or engineering). Leverage the EMC University roadmap for personal, professional, and managerial development.
- EMC professional development — Develop essential "non-technical" skills critical for successful teams and businesses. Come back to work better qualified, more confident, and better prepared to be successful at EMC.
- Northeastern University's onsite MBA — Take classes on-site and work in teams on relevant projects in this four-year program. Apply and attend after management review. Get tuition assistance if you're pursuing an MBA degree.
- Lean Six Sigma training — Benefit from EMC's Lean Six Sigma training, which provides the methodology to improve business practices and quality across all organizations—from a one-hour Fundamentals class to a 90-hour Black Belt Training.