First Fully Integrated Software-Defined Data Center Solution Now Available From The EMC Federation Of Businesses
Solution Showcases Collaboration To Accelerate Customer Time-To-Value
- First of five key solutions from the EMC Federation of strategically aligned businesses instantiates the vision of the software-defined enterprise
- Collaboration and investment across EMC Federation businesses with joint engineering lab accelerates customer time-to-value with validated and supported solutions
- Supports traditional and next-gen applications to provide agility and flexibility
- Introducing integrated collaboration model for EMC Federation customer service and support
Interact with EMC Online:
The first of five planned EMC Federation solutions, the new Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution provides a completely virtualized data center that is fully automated by software and delivered as a service.
The Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution will greatly accelerate time to value with a fully engineered, validated and supported offering. The Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution was jointly developed in the fully staffed and resourced EMC Federation Lab in Palo Alto, Calif. to automate hundreds of orchestration workflows and accelerate ease of deployment.
With a Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution, mission-critical applications run on infrastructure that delivers greater visibility, manageability, cost control and agility.
The Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution includes a reference architecture, solution guides and solution-specific workflows engineered and validated in the Federation Lab.
It is built on top of these products from the Federation:
- Management and Orchestration : VMware vCloud® Automation Center™ , VMware vCenter™ Operations Management™ , VMware IT Business Management™ , EMC Storage Resource Manager
- Hypervisor : VMware vSphere® , the industry's most widely deployed virtualization platform
- Networking : VMware NSX® , the network virtualization and security platform for the software-defined data center. VMware NSX brings virtualization to existing networks and transforms network operations and economics
- Storage : Designed for EMC ViPR ® , EMC Storage Resource Manager and EMC Storage
- Data Protection : EMC Avamar®, Data Domain®, RecoverPoint®, VPLEX®
- Hybrid Cloud Deployment : VMware vCloud® Air™ connectivity and workload migration
- Choice of Hardware: Built on converged infrastructure and can be deployed on a variety of hardware including VCE Vblock Systems ® * and VSPEX ®
- PaaS: Delivering Platform-as-a-Service with Pivotal CF
- Documented Reference Architectures
To enable mission critical infrastructure and applications to meet performance and availability expectations, the Federation j oint support teams have established a collaborative support model for service and support. A support call can be initiated with any of the Federation members; that Federation support team will assume primary responsibility for issue resolution and customer satisfaction, including escalation and coordination with additional Federation members.
The Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution will also be made available through platinum solution providers in EMC's Business Partner Program.
Using best-of-breed technologies, the Federation members will deliver a series of solutions for the new IT agenda, accelerating customer time to value as global organizations redefine IT for the cloud and big data era.
Planned EMC Federation Solutions Include:
- Platform-as-a-Service : Built on the Software-Defined Data Center, Platform-As-A-Service solution will provide a new platform for agile application development and modernization, enabling IT organizations to adopt agile development methodologies while delivering modern applications, optimized for mobile platforms.
- End-User Computing : A complete solution from mobile device management to storage platform, delivering desktop-as-a-service efficiently and responsively.
- Virtualized Data Lake : Enabling organizations to analyze the massive data being created by new devices and applications, providing customers with differentiating insights to redefine their business.
- Security Analytics : Building on the Virtualized Data Lake Solution, the Security Analytics solution will help identify irregular activity and enable customers to act quickly to prevent corporate assets from becoming compromised.
- The Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution is available now. Customers can work with their EMC II or VMware sales representatives to purchase the different products and to deploy the Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution. Customers may also work with EMC's platinum level solution provider partners to deliver and deploy the solution.
Market Industry Analyst Quote
David Floyer, Co-Founder and CTO, Wikibon
“The Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution will help enterprise IT accelerate the strategic imperative of migration to a hybrid cloud while utilizing their existing investments. This will allow for improved costs, availability and flexibility to ensure enterprise IT can compete directly with cloud providers where it makes business and technical sense to deploy in-house, and at the same time enable seamless access to next-generation cloud applications, infrastructure and data resources.”
Bob Olwig, Vice President of Business Strategy and Innovation at World Wide Technology “World Wide Technology is a global leader of next-generation information technology services and solutions. As an award-winning systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider, WWT delivers an innovative and proven approach to how organizations explore, evaluate, architect and implement technology. The Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution enables us to provide our customers with a quick and seamless path in redefining their IT. The Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution is the foundation that empowers business transformation and helps us build next-gen IT infrastructure offerings for our clients."
EMC Executive Quote:
Josh Kahn, Senior Vice President, Global Solutions, EMC Corporation
“The Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution is the first-of-its kind and the ideal architecture for public, private and hybrid clouds enabling IT organizations to radically redefine IT and their business.”
Pivotal Executive Quote:
Todd Paoletti, Vice President, Product Marketing, Pivotal
“The Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution with enterprise PaaS provided by Pivotal CF enables companies to deliver disruptive, high value and next generation apps for big data, mobile, social and cloud innovation. Pivotal is proud to be an integral component of the Federation Solution.”
VMware Executive Quote:
Ray O'Farrell, Corporate Senior Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure R&D, VMware
“Through the software-defined data center, organizations can achieve greater security, efficiency, availability and faster service delivery, all while lowering costs. This Federation offering will enable organizations to quickly realize the benefits of a software-defined data center architecture.”
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, ViPR, VSPEX, Avamar, Data Domain, RecoverPoint and VPLEX are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.
Pivotal offers a modern approach to technology that organizations need to thrive in a new era of business innovation. Our solutions intersect cloud, big data and agile development, creating a framework that increases data leverage, accelerates application delivery, and decreases costs while providing enterprises the speed and scale they need to compete. More at www.pivotal.io
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of intelligence-driven security solutions. RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges: managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, preventing online fraud, and defending against advanced threats. For more information, please visit www.EMC.com/RSA .
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com .
VMware, vSphere, VMware NSX, vCloud Automation Manager, vCenter Operation Manager, vCloud Air, VMware Virtual SAN and VMware IT Business Management are registered trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. Other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective organizations. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
* Vblock customers who have chosen VMware NSX technology will obtain deployment services and technical support for NSX directly from VMware or VMware partners facilitated through the VCE and VMware Cooperative Support Agreement.
EMC Forward-looking Statement
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
VMware Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the planned Federation solutions and their expected features, and the expected benefits of the Federation Software-Defined Data Center Solution and the planned Federation solutions to customers. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to (i) changes to business information technology strategies; (ii) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (iii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into enterprise, cloud and end user computing markets, and new product and marketing initiatives by our competitors; (v) our customers' ability to develop, and to transition to, new products and computing strategies such as software-defined data centers and hybrid cloud computing; (vi) the uncertainty of customer acceptance of emerging technology; (vii) rapid technological and market changes in virtualization software and platforms for cloud and enterprise computing; (viii) changes to product development timelines; (ix) VMware's ability to protect its proprietary technology; (x) changes and new developments to regulatory requirements; and (xi VMware's ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. VMware assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.