New EMC Software Suites Transform How IT Teams Manage, Visualize, Analyze and Optimize IT Infrastructure
New and Updated Management Software Suites Share Interface with EMC ViPR, Providing 360 Degree View into Resources and Performance
- New EMC Service Assurance Suite and updates to EMC Storage Resource Management Suite provide complete visibility into IT environments to identify how resources are being consumed and whether SLAs are being met.
- This transparency enables customers to visualize, analyze, and optimize their environment to ensure SLAs, identify problems 80 percent faster, and improve their return on IT investments.
- Both suites, along with EMC ViPR, share a common presentation layer, providing IT with an extensible management framework to simplify the transformation from a traditional to a software-defined data center.
- Designed to solve the significant and critical infrastructure management challenges that arise in dynamic cloud and software-defined IT environments, these suites bridge the often-significant management gap that exists between physical and virtual data centers.
Connect with us at EMC World:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2013 happenings visit www.emcworld.com
- Live streaming: To view video of EMC World keynotes, general sessions, Backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, visit www.emc.com/emcworld2013
- Social: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp, joining conversations with #EMCWORLD, and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your pictures with ‘EMC World’
EMC (NYSE:EMC) today announced new and enhanced management software suites designed to provide 360 degree transparency into storage, network, and compute infrastructures—including new and tight integration with EMC® ViPR™. The brand-new EMC Service Assurance Suite and updates to the EMC Storage Resource Management Suite share a common presentation layer with ViPR, providing seamless visualization of IT assets and enabling customers to assure SLAs and improve ROI through resource optimization.
The new Service Assurance Suite offers the following features in a single solution suite:
- Insights and reports designed to provide actionable intelligence;
- Availability, performance and configuration management designed to simplify operational management of complex cloud and virtual IT environments which, in turn, enhance IT staff productivity and efficiency
- Cross-domain management analysis — across networks, storage, and servers, as well as physical and virtual environments — necessary to ensure that critical applications and services perform as they should for the business.
The Storage Resource Management Suite has been updated with new Dashboard and Explore Views for VNX environments to enhance file reporting and end-to-end relationship and topology visualization. As storage, network, and compute infrastructures grow more complex and strive to meet an ever-increasing list of business needs and objectives, storage and IT operations managers have been tasked with efficient and effective management in an age of explosive data growth, often without the benefit of additional resources. Additionally, as this data growth — slated to grow to 40,000 exabytes by 2020 according to IDC’s most recent Digital Universe study — drives up IT costs, controlling costs through effective management becomes both more important and more difficult.
The common presentation layer between ViPR and these Suites allows operations and storage teams to visualize, analyze, and optimize their infrastructure today to assure services while controlling the cost of rapid data growth and provides an extensible management framework to simplify the transformation to software-defined storage in the future.
The key benefits of both the Service Assurance Suite and the Storage Resource Management Suite are visualization, analysis, and optimization of resources within key infrastructures. These Suites are designed to provide the transparency needed to make decisions about performance, efficiency, and management, and will provide visibility into the underlying infrastructure in ViPR environments, allowing customers to more easily transition to the software-defined data center.
Leveraging the Service Assurance Suite, customers can:
- Visualize and understand the complex, fast-changing IT infrastructure relationships;
- Analyze availability, performance, and configuration information to quickly identify root causes and risk conditions and proactively resolve issues before business impact and SLA violations occur
- Optimize the environment and control costs with end-to-end performance and capacity management and reporting.
Leveraging the Storage Resource Management Suite, customers can:
- Visualize applications to storage dependencies;
- Analyze configurations and capacity growth; and
- Optimize the environment to improve ROI.
EMC Executive Quote:
Amitabh Srivastava, President, EMC Advanced Software Division
“Software is a powerful tool — especially when used to wring every last benefit out of infrastructure resources in this age of explosive data growth. The Service Assurance Suite and Storage Resource Management Suite are designed to solve the significant and critical infrastructure management challenges that arise in dynamic cloud and software-defined IT environments, bridging the often-significant management gap that exists between physical and virtual data centers. Along with ViPR, these suites create a management framework that leverages automation to deliver the insights and understanding necessary to increase ongoing efficiency, optimize resources, reduce costs and further empower the business through IT. The Service Assurance Suite and Storage Resource Management Suite are integral to EMC’s software strategy, and meet the growing need for cost-effective, business-aligned IT management.”
Michael Cruise, Director of Application Infrastructure Services, CompuCom Systems
“We’re obtaining great value from the Service Assurance and Storage Resource Management suites. Having a single view into the customer’s infrastructure makes it much easier to manage these complex environments, helping us identify and resolve problems faster, with greater efficiency, and enabling us to deliver higher levels of service to our customers.”
Bob Laliberte, Senior Analyst, ESG
“EMC is defining the market for software-defined storage. The enablement of IT optimization and analytics afforded by Service Assurance Suite and Storage Resource Management Suite are the result of unprecedented transparency — transparency that only comes with powerful software and a simplified management layer. The integration of these suites with EMC ViPR means that this transparency is real-time and actionable, which are critical in IT organizations today.”
The new EMC Service Assurance Suite and updated Storage Resource Management Suite are both generally available today.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, ViPR, and VNX are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.