Techonomy 2012: Human Face of Big Data, Data Science and Cyber Security Top Agenda
EMC and Global IT Leaders Convene at Techonomy 2012; Live Stream of Joe Tucci On-Stage Interview and Human Face of Big Data Sessions
- EMC Chairman and CEO Joe Tucci and array of EMC and other top executives will share their perspectives on the pivotal role technology is playing in business and social progress across an increasingly connected society.
- Techonomy founder David Kirkpatrick’s fireside chat with Joe Tucci titled “Intelligence, Leadership, and Command” will be streamed live here.
- Rick Smolan, President and CEO, Against All Odds Productions will present insights gained from the groundbreaking EMC-sponsored Human Face of Big Data project. The session will be streamed live here.
- RSA Chairman Art Coviello, in the session titled “Cyberwar: It’s a MAD, MAD World” will join others to explore today’s increasingly complex and targeted cyber security threats as well as the realities and myths associated with a potential cyberwar.
- Media interested in attending the invitation-only event should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that Joe Tucci, EMC® Chairman and CEO, and a cast of EMC and other top IT executives will be among the featured speakers at Techonomy 2012, November 11–13 at the Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain, Arizona. EMC and an elite group of global IT leaders and business innovators will discuss some of the most transformative technology trends of the 21st century, including Data Science and Cyber Security. The invitation-only conference attracts industry leaders from across the world to explore how technology is playing a pivotal role in business and social progress and changing the world as we know it. The event’s ultimate goal is to help innovators better understand how they can anticipate and harness the power of rapid tech-driven change versus being blindsided by it.
Featured presentations include:
- STREAMED LIVE –“The Human Face of Big Data” - Rick Smolan, President and CEO of Against All Odds Productions, will present insights gained from the groundbreaking EMC-sponsored Human Face of Big Data project which is widely heralded as the most engaging and captivating effort ever to tap into, and put a human face on, the societal impact of Big Data. The presentation will be streamed live here and roll into a related panel session moderated by Justin Fox, Harvard Business Review and titled “The Forest for the Trees: The Meanings of Data.” (Sunday, November 11 at 4:15 p.m. Mountain; 6:15 p.m. Eastern; 3:15 p.m. Pacific)
- STREAMED LIVE –“The Forest for the Trees: The Meanings of Data” - We live in a world of patterns. Now we're getting better at discerning them. As we see the big patterns in human behavior, and in the movement of money, products, jobs, weather, energy, disease, and even molecules and stars, a new era of understanding dawns. Can companies and governments draw proper conclusions fast enough? Where will this world of patterns discerned take us? Mr. Smolan will be joined by executives from QlikView, Factual and TIBCO. The presentation will be streamed live here (Sunday, November 11 at 4:25 p.m. Mountain; 6:25 p.m. Eastern; 3:25 p.m. Pacific)
- STREAMED LIVE –“Intelligence, Leadership, and Command: A Conversation with Joe Tucci” -Techonomy founder David Kirkpatrick’s on-stage “fireside chat” with Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and CEO, will span insights gained from Mr. Tucci’s more than 40-year career in IT. The must-see discussion will be streamed live here (Monday, November 12 at 9:40 a.m. Mountain; 11:40 a.m. Eastern; 8:40 a.m. Pacific)
- “Data Is the New Science” - Featuring EMC’s Michael Howard, Annika Jimminez and Bill Schmarzo and moderated by Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist at MIT Sloan School’s Center for Digital Business, this session will explore key questions around the emerging trends of data analysis and data-based decision making, including: How is data science evolving? What is a data scientist? What does a better understanding of data make possible? (Sunday, November 11 at 1:00 p.m. Mountain; 3:00 p.m. Eastern; 12:00 p.m. Pacific)
- “Cyberwar: It’s a MAD, MAD World”- Featuring RSA Chairman Art Coviello, this session will explore today’s increasingly complex and targeted cyber security threats as well as the realities and myths associated with a potential cyberwar. (Monday, November 12 at 1:30 p.m. Mountain; 3:30 p.m. Eastern; 12:30 p.m. Pacific)
Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President, Product Operations and Marketing, EMC Corporation
"Techonomy has proven itself as the one of the year’s most vibrant and relevant industry gatherings. This year promises to exceed expectations yet again, with a packed agenda of thought-provoking and engaging sessions on Big Data, data science and IT security. EMC is honored to play a leading role in helping shape this year’s program with the Human Face of Big Data results and rich lineup of industry-shaping dialog.”
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com
EMC is either a registered trademark or trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.