EMC Publishes 2011 Sustainability Report
- EMC Corporation today announced that the company's 2011 Sustainability Report is now available on EMC's website at:
- The theme of this year's report is "Transformation with Purpose," highlighting EMC's focus on sustaining ecosystems; delivering value for customers, key stakeholders and the world at large through the transformative potential of IT; and strengthening the communities in which EMC operates.
- EMC's Sustainability Report explores the company's strategies, achievements and overall progress with regard to its sustainability priorities, organized in three pillars: Sustaining Ecosystems, Delivering Value, and Strengthening Communities.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that the availability of the company's 2011 Sustainability Report. The theme of this year's report is "Transformation with Purpose," exploring EMC's strategies, achievements and overall progress with regard to its sustainability priorities that include:
- Sustaining Ecosystems: How EMC is optimizing operations, engaging with suppliers, and leveraging the transformative power of the company's employees and technology to address the impacts of our business and value chain on both the environment and people.
- Delivering Value: How EMC is delivering value for our customers, employees and investors in all aspects of the business, and how the company is innovating to meet customer needs, cultivating a collaborative and inclusive workplace, and building open and honest relationships with all of its stakeholders.
- Strengthening Communities: How EMC is playing an important role in strengthening and transforming communities around the world through education partnerships, community involvement, the EMC Academic Alliance and Information Heritage programs, and support for non-profit organizations.
EMC's 2011 Sustainability Report Highlights
Using the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 framework, the report highlights EMC's continued commitment to sustainability and to communicating the company's progress in a number of ways, including:
- Engaging directly with external stakeholders to assess the sustainability issues with the greatest potential for EMC to have an impact
- Incorporating visual dashboards to depict year-over-year performance
- Providing an expanded analysis of EMC's Scope 3 GHG emissions and GHG goal-setting process
- Sharing results from product lifecycle environmental assessments
- Reporting EMC's priorities for public policy engagement
EMC Executive Quotes
Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and CEO
"EMC customers want smarter ways to manage their data securely while reducing energy consumption and packaging materials sent to landfills. EMC's 2011 Sustainability Report outlines how we are working with suppliers and customers to improve the sustainability and energy efficiency of our operations, products and packaging, and how the analysis of Big Data holds the potential to improve human health and quality of life around the world. The gains we've achieved in these arenas give our business the momentum we need to become even more sustainable in the years ahead."
Kathrin Winkler, EMC Chief Sustainability Officer
"Throughout this report, we share our sustainability objectives and our successes, but also many of the challenges we're facing. I'm especially proud of the extent to which this report tells the stories of employees throughout the company who are assessing, managing and incorporating environmental and social impacts into the decisions they make every day."
For a copy of EMC’s Sustainability Report, please visit:
About Dell EMC
- EMC Chief Sustainability Officer Kathrin Winkler's blog
- Learn more about EMC's sustainability programs and initiatives
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.