EMC Helps Customers Enable Trusted IT with Five New Security and Risk Management Advisory Services
New Services Help Organizations Build Greater Trust and Control for Next Generation IT Infrastructure and Business Processes
- EMC announces a portfolio of five new Security and Risk Management Advisory Services.
- Developed by EMC Consulting, the new services help organizations ensure their information is secure, regulation compliant, and meets business requirements.
- Services enable organizations to balance business agility with the appropriate levels of advanced security, active governance and assured availability.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced the availability of five new Security and Risk Management Advisory Services designed to enable organizations to build new levels of trust and control for next-generation IT infrastructures. Developed by EMC Consulting, the new set of comprehensive offerings help ensure customers' confidence that their information is secure, compliant with regulations and meets their unique business requirements.
Virtualization, cloud computing, mobile technologies, and the emergence of a new class of Big Data applications have dramatically altered how organizations create, deliver, and manage information. The sudden openness of information within rapidly expanding IT infrastructures, application portfolios and cloud environments could expose organizations to new forms of risk. IT and security teams are hindered from maintaining direct control over IT resources—at a time when organizations have near-total reliance on digital assets, and operate within an increasingly complex landscape of compliance requirements and security threats.
To help organizations re-establish deeper visibility into, and tighter control over, their digital assets, EMC is announcing five new Security and Risk Management Advisory Services:
- Trusted Cloud Advisory Services are designed to build trust in an organization's next-generation IT architecture. These services leverage EMC's deep experience in identity, information, and infrastructure security, providing visibility into, and control of, an organization's private and public cloud environments.
- Information Governance Advisory Services were created to enable the development of a cohesive approach to information governance. Organizations better understand where information lives, how it's delivered and accessed, and how it's used and governed in order to facilitate safe, efficient stewardship of high-value information.
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance Advisory Services are designed to identify, analyze, manage, and mitigate risks. These services bring governance and visibility to risk management, providing confidence that information is secure, compliant with regulations, and meets specific business requirements.
- Fraud and Identity Management Advisory Services help organizations cope with the complex, evolving threat landscape. Clients can protect sensitive information, while allowing trusted identities to freely and securely interact with online systems in ways that increase efficiency, improve customer satisfaction, and control costs. Business agility is balanced with the appropriate levels of security and authentication.
- Mobile Device Security Advisory Services were developed to allow organizations to extend their current enterprise security policies and controls to help mitigate the rapidly escalating risks associated with providing mobile devices access to sensitive data and resources.
The new EMC Security and Risk Management services portfolio extends the security offerings of EMC Consulting and RSA, which are backed by hundreds of certified security professionals with extensive governance, risk, compliance, and security management experience. The proven security track record of EMC and RSA help enterprises transition from reactive security methods to a proactive security approach.
Industry Analyst Quote:
Chris Christiansen, Program Vice President, Security Products & Services, IDC
" Security culpability is no longer the responsibility of just the CISO. The demand for broadened information access and an increasingly interconnected mobile workforce is exposing sensitive corporate data to new forms of risk and leakage. EMC's new Security and Risk Management Services are the ideal remedy to lock down access control and identify IT infrastructure security gaps before they become problematic or worse, irrevocably damaging."
EMC & RSA Executive Quotes:
Tom Roloff, COO, EMC Consulting
"Organizations today face unprecedented levels of security, risk, and compliance challenges and threats. Businesses of all sizes are being forced to make their information resources easily available to authenticated users anytime, anywhere. The new EMC security and risk management services portfolio leverages the expertise and proven track record of EMC Consulting security professionals to enable customers to build, maintain, and cost effectively operate the trusted IT environments they require."
Branden Williams, CTO Marketing, RSA
"Through its security services, EMC Consulting has pinpointed several IT infrastructure areas where organizations absolutely require strategic guidance to stay ahead of new security risks and business challenges. By combining these new security and risk management services with RSA's expanding product portfolio, EMC's security proposition has never been stronger ."
Tom Roloff, COO, EMC Consulting
Branden Williams, CTO. Marketing, RSA
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments.
RSA offers industry-leading solutions in identity assurance & access control, data loss prevention, encryption & key management , compliance & security information management and fraud protection. These solutions bring trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform, and the data that is generated. For more information, please visit www.RSA.com and www.EMC.com.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com .
Hear EMC talk about new EMC Security Advisory Services and what CIOs are saying about their evolving security requirements.
- EMC Consulting Security and Risk Management Services
- EMC Consulting Trusted Cloud Advisory Services
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Advisory Services
- EMC Consulting Information Governance Advisory Services
- EMC Consulting Mobile Device Security Advisory Services
- EMC Consulting Fraud Identity Management Advisory