Iomega Announces New Server Class Series of High Performance Scalable Network Storage Devices
- New Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series excels with enterprise capabilities for SMBs, Remote Offices and Distributed Enterprises
- Advanced EMC Storage Technology Foundation and EMC E-Lab Tested
- Server Class Drives for Higher Reliability and Continuous Operation
- New EMC LifeLine Software for Industrial Strength Operating Environments
- Certified for Windows, VMware and Citrix
- Ideal Network Storage for SMB Video Surveillance Installations
- Iomega Personal Cloud Technology for Cloud Capabilities at No Incremental Cost
- Diskless to 18TB in Desktop Enclosures, Up to 36TB in Rackmount Arrays
Iomega, an EMC company (NYSE: EMC) and a global leader in data protection, today announced the worldwide launch of the new Iomega® StorCenter™ PX Server Class Series of network storage products, a versatile line of high performance desktop and rackmount NAS devices utilizing server class drives and offering the highest levels of performance and advanced data protection for small- to medium-sized businesses, remote offices and distributed enterprises.
Designed with EMC® storage technology, Iomega's new StorCenter PX Server Class Series incorporates a new version of EMC® LifeLine ™ software with advanced computing features as well as 1TB*, 2TB and 3TB server class SATA drives for higher reliability and continuous operation in critical business functions, such as "always on" video surveillance applications. The new high performance line of Iomega NAS products includes competitively priced four-bay and six-bay desktop models that range from diskless to 18TB of network storage, and four-bay and 12-bay rackmount models that range from diskless to 36TB of network storage.
"Iomega's new PX Server Class Series is another example of Iomega delivering on its EMC heritage by bringing easy-to-use world class EMC enterprise storage capabilities to SMBs, remote offices and distributed enterprises at affordable prices," said Jonathan Huberman, president of Iomega Corporation. "Designed using many of the same technologies as EMC's enterprise network storage products, the new PX Server Class Series is comprised of powerful business class NAS devices that offer increased reliability and continuous operation that comes with server class drives, as well as the option of using consumer drives. Either way, there are numerous new software features debuting with our new server class NAS series that benefit SMBs and would normally only be found with enterprise level network storage solutions."
All of the new Iomega PX Server Class Series products feature Intel processors to deliver the performance demanded by critical business applications and to support the robust EMC LifeLine software features. "As part of the EMC family, Iomega works closely with Intel to deliver network storage products for small installations and distributed enterprises," said David Tuhy, general manager of the Intel Storage Group. "Intel is excited that Iomega uses our broad portfolio, including Intel® Atom™, Intel® Celeron®, and Intel®Core™2 Duo, to meet the range of its customer needs."
"Iomega's StorCenter PX Server Class Series is another move forward in Iomega's plan to provide small and mid-sized businesses and distributed enterprises with network storage products that combine advanced features and capabilities with the ease-of-use often required by smaller organizations and remote work groups," said Benjamin Woo, program vice president, worldwide storage systems, IDC. "With many of the same attributes as enterprise network storage solutions yet tailored to the smaller enterprise, the PX Server Class Series raises the high end of Iomega's network storage offerings to a new level that continues to fit nicely below EMC's entry-level storage systems."
Advanced Business Features of the new Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series
In addition to all the existing standard features included with Iomega network storage devices, the new desktop and rackmount StorCenter PX Server Class Series launches with a new version of EMC® LifeLine™ software that includes advanced features specifically targeted to industrial-strength operating environments, including:
- Configuration Backup and Restore – backup and restore system configuration information, saving various system properties, including users, groups, device identification and share names and permissions. This capability is particularly useful when cloning a configuration across the deployment of multiple systems, such as branch offices and retail locations.
- Scheduled Power – create a power schedule to turn on and off StorCenter PX Server Class Series models, including day and time as well as one-time events or recurring events.
- Wake-on-LAN – Powers on StorCenter PX Server Class series models when a specific signal is sent over the network. (Wake-On-LAN "magic packet" application not included.)Both scheduled power and Wake on LAN provide state of the art electrical power management to enable customers to minimize AC power footprint for sustainability or to minimize operating costs.
- Encrypted Volume – allows users to secure data on a created encrypted volume with an assigned password. Data on the encrypted volume, including block and file, is only accessible with assigned password.
- SMART Hard Drive Monitor – Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in StorCenter PX Server Class Series system.
- Partner Application Download – Supports download and installation of partnered third-party applications, extending functionality and flexibility of StorCenter PX Server Class Series models.
- SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) – Useful for secure transferring of data between computers over a network. SFTP reads and writes from/to a remote server to a StorCenter PX Server Class Series model.
- Iomega Personal Cloud technology – a revolutionary web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series network storage device to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet.
- EMC Atmos – Connect to any EMC Atmos powered cloud storage service provider for secure offsite storage of data.
- LifeLine Native Video Surveillance Enhancements – In addition to support for Axis® and Panasonic® IP cameras, StorCenter PX Server Class Series models now support configurable resolution settings and parameters for Bosch® IP cameras.
- High performance through optional solid state drives, dual core Intel processors, and up to four GbE NICs and 4GB memory.
- Multiple RAID levels – 0, 1, 10, 5, 5+1 (hot spare) and 6, all with automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap functionality.
- Server Class Pedigree: Certified for VMware® vSphere 5.0, Citrix® XenServer™, Windows ® Server 2003/2008/2008R2.
Video Surveillance Solutions with the StorCenter PX Server Class Series
The new StorCenter PX Server Class Series makes it easy to archive, protect and share physical security video and audio files from anywhere (with an Internet connection). StorCenter PX Server Class Series devices deliver the innovation and convenience of optimizing video surveillance installations from four to 48 IP cameras per device at a fraction of the cost of traditional DVR/NVR installations. Iomega StorCenter devices deliver the missing element from today's video management systems – the ability to offer storage with advance data protection.
Iomega's versatile StorCenter network storage family offers three flexible video surveillance storage and management solutions for SMBs and distributed enterprises:
- Surveillance Storage Target – Simplified, scalable network storage for recorded or archived surveillance video.
- Integrated Video Management Systems – Blend smart storage with leading video management software and IP cameras for an integrated, low-cost video surveillance solution.
- Iomega Hosted Video Surveillance Solutions – Leverage the power of cloud storage and the ubiquity of a browser-based video management system interface for a highly cost-effective security solution.
Desktop StorCenter px4-300d and px6-300d Server Class Series
The Iomega® StorCenter™ px4-300d Server Class Series consists of four HDD bays and up to 12TB of storage; the Iomega® StorCenter™ px6-300d Server Class Series is outfitted with six HDD bays and up to 18TB of storage capacity. Both models are available diskless, partially populated and fully populated. Empty bays in both models are fitted with a drive carrier that can accommodate 2.5-inch and 3.5 inch HDD drives, as well as SSD drives for performance-intensive applications.
Rackmount StorCenter px4-300r and px12-350r Server Class Series
With up to 12TB of storage capacity, the Iomega® StorCenter™ px4-300r Network Storage Array Server Class Series features four bays for use with HDDs or SSDs. The px4-300r comes in a space-saving 1U form factor ranging from diskless to fully populated with HDD and/or SSD drives. Iomega's flagship rackmount unit, the Iomega® StorCenter™ px12-350r Network Storage Array Server Class Series, utilizes 12 bays in a 2U form factor that ranges from partially populated with 4TB to fully populated with up to 36TB.
Availability and Warranty
The new Iomega® StorCenter™ PX Server Class Series of network storage devices is now available worldwide.
The desktop Iomega® StorCenter™ px4-300d Network Storage Server Class Series starts at $699.99, the desktop Iomega® StorCenter™ px6-300d Network Storage Server Class Series starts at $899.99, the rackmount Iomega® StorCenter™ px4-300r Network Storage Array Server Class Series starts at $1,699.99, and the rackmount Iomega® StorCenter™ px12-350r Network Storage Array Server Class Series starts at $4,999.99.
All pricing is U.S. suggested retail.
The Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series includes a standard three-year limited warranty with phone support up to 13 hours a day, five days a week. Optional service plans include Iomega's Enhanced Service Plan which includes a five-year limited warranty, 24x7 phone support with advance replacement.
To review all of the features of the new Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series of network storage devices, please go to www.iomega.com.
Iomega Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMC Corporation headquartered in San Diego, is a worldwide leader in innovative storage solutions for small businesses, home offices, consumers and others. The Company has sold more than 425 million digital storage drives and disks since its inception in 1980. Today, Iomega's product portfolio includes industry leading desktop and rackmount network attached storage products ideal for content sharing, data protection at small and medium businesses and distributed enterprises, as well as vertical applications such as video surveillance installations; a broad selection of direct-attached portable and desktop external hard drives; and multimedia drives, making it easy to move video, pictures and other files from the computer room to the livingroom. To learn about all of Iomega's storage products and network storage solutions, please go to the Web at www.iomega.com. Resellers can visit Iomega at www.iomega.com/ioclub.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found atwww.EMC.com.
NOTE: This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; and (xiv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
*1 TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes
Copyright© 2012 Iomega Corporation. All rights reserved. Iomega and StorCenter are trademarks or registered trademarks of Iomega Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. EMC and LifeLine are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.