EMC Transforms Skills To Maximize Cloud Computing And Big Data Analytics
- EMC® helps businesses unlock the full value of cloud computing and Big Data Analytics with new training and certifications for IT and Big Data analytics professionals.
- EMC puts IT and business professionals at the forefront of the changing technology landscape by evolving their skills and knowledge to take on new roles emerging in the industry – Cloud Technologists, Cloud Architects and Data Scientists.
- Expanded curriculum of the industry's first "open" Cloud Architect training and certification program includes two new tracks, one for foundational Cloud Infrastructure and Services for all IT Professionals and the other for expert-level IT-as-a-Service for Cloud Architects.
- New global Data Science survey released by EMC today reveals the most commonly cited barrier to data science adoption is a lack of employees with the right skills or training and 65% of data scientists believe that in the future, demand for data scientists will outpace the supply of talent.
- New EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics training and certification will cultivate the next wave of information intelligence and Data Science professionals.
- EMC extends its commitment to develop the next generation of IT and business professionals by providing more than 700 leading colleges and universities, located in more than 40 countries, with access to the new courses on cloud computing and Big Data Analytics through the EMC Academic Alliance program.
HOPKINTON, Mass. – December 5, 2011 – EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), today announced new EMC Proven™ Professional training and certifications to help businesses address skills transformation and the looming cloud computing and Data Science skills gap. Building on the success of the EMC Cloud Architect training and certification program – the industry's first "open" training and certification for cloud computing which focuses on the principles, best practices and underlying technology most prevalent in the industry rather than specific vendor products – EMC expanded the cloud computing curricula to include new foundational EMC Cloud Infrastructure and Services and expert-level EMC Cloud Architect IT-as-a-Service training and certifications. According to the largest global survey of the data science community that was released today by EMC, the most commonly cited barrier to data science adoption is a lack of employees with the right skills or training and 65% of data scientists believe that in the future, demand for data scientists and data-driven teams will outpace the supply of talent. To address this, EMC is announcing a Data Science and Big Data Analytics training and certification program with an "open" curriculum to help cultivate professionals who can extract more value and insight for competitive advantage from the new expanse of data that business creates and captures.
The new Cloud Infrastructure and Services associate-level training and certification provides a strong and essential foundation of technical principles and concepts to enable all IT professionals who will be required to collaboratively make informed business and technical decisions on migration to the cloud. The expert-level Cloud Architect IT-as-a-Service training and certification helps IT professionals – cloud architects, designers and consultants – evolve virtualized infrastructures into cloud-based, IT-as-a-Service environments that fully realize the agility and cost efficiencies that cloud computing offers. EMC is offering Data Science and Big Data Analytics training and certification to build a solid foundation for data analytics with a particular focus on the opportunities and challenges presented by Big Data. Big Data and new analytics technologies are now unlocking new possibilities for the creation, collection and insightful analysis of data to drive meaningful and actionable business decisions and Data Science professionals/teams will help shepherd their organizations to realizing increased success and the full potential from Big Data.
The Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Cloud Architect and Data Science training and certifications are easily accessible for customers, partners, students, and those in the industry at large who desire in-depth knowledge of these transformational technologies and new professional disciplines. EMC offers flexible learning options by providing participants the choice to learn at their own pace via popular Video-instructor-led Training (VILT) or attend class room instructor-led courses. The Cloud Architect -Virtualized Infrastructure training and certification is available today. VILTs for Cloud Infrastructure and Services and Cloud Architect – IT-as-a-Service may be ordered now. Since the inception of the Cloud Architect program in spring 2011, more than 3,000 individuals have participated in the Cloud Architect training. Data Science and Big Data Analytics training will be available in the first quarter of 2012.
The survey of a global community of Data Science professionals also revealed that university partnerships for data science are critical; nearly two-thirds of data scientists see current university students as the future of the profession. Recognizing this, EMC will also expand upon its commitment to educate and transform the next generation of IT and data analytics professionals by providing more than 700 institutions in approximately 40 countries participating in the EMC Academic Alliance program access to, and support for, both Cloud Infrastructure and Services and Data Science and Big Data Analytics curricula.
General Dale Meyerrose, Vice President and Strategic Advisor, Integrated Network Solutions, Harris Corporation (click here to see video)
“Harris' specialty is applying leading cloud technologies to critical applications and business processes. Through EMC's education solutions we have developed the ability to rapidly bring our engineers up to speed on leading-edge technologies, which is absolutely critical to our success. We believe the role of cloud architect is going to be a growing requirement across the industry--not just for the equipment, but for anything that plays out in the cloud. I can't think of a more promising career field than becoming a cloud architect. A lot of people don't know what that is right now, but it won't be many months before everybody wants at least five of them.”
Ben Woo, Vice President of Storage Systems and Lead Analyst on Big Data, IDC (click here to see video)
"The industry is facing a bold new world with the amazing technological developments of the Cloud and Big Data, and the challenges and the opportunities this presents are unprecedented. EMC's extensive Cloud training and certifications help IT practitioners develop the skills that are crucial as businesses embark on this massive transformation. The new EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics training and certification provides an industry credential for business analysts, data warehouse experts or other professionals with similar backgrounds to help them transform into the world of Data Science. IDC believes these training and certifications are a positive step to help both the industry and businesses move forward and quickly take advantage of the benefits that the cloud and Big Data present."
Howard Elias, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure and Cloud Services
"Cloud computing and Big Data are transforming IT and business, however, this transformation requires new skill sets to accelerate innovation. EMC's new training and certification programs for Cloud Computing and Data Science help enable IT practitioners and businesses to attain the new skills and knowledge they require to transform themselves and excel in the digital economy."
Howard Elias, COO & President, EMC Information Infrastructure and Cloud Services
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com
EMC and EMC Proven are trademarks or or a registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- General Dale Meyerrose, VP and Strategic Advisor, Integrated Network Solutions, Harris Corporation, discusses the importance of Cloud Architects
- Scott Yara, Sr, VP, Products, Greenplum, a division of EMC, discusses data scientist trends
- Ben Woo, VP of Storage Systems and Lead Analyst on Big Data, IDC, discusses the importance of training and certification in order to take advantage of cloud and big data.
- Dave Vellante and Jeff Kelly of Wikibon discuss Data Science education.