RSA Support Plans and Options
Basic Support — Care Essentials for Self-Support
This value-based option is ideal for non-mission-critical environments where business-hours remote support meets your needs. With Basic Support you are in complete control of onsite service execution from installation to software upgrades. RSA Customer Support professionals will help you troubleshoot your problems and provide you with patches and updates. As with all service levels, you can report problems, troubleshoot and get online help around the clock through SecurCare Online.
- Patch, maintenance, and major releases of software at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE
- Access to RSA SecurCare Online (separate registration required)
- Technical telephone support from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. customer local time, Monday through Friday (except RSA-designated company holidays)
Note: Basic Support is not available for all RSA products.
Enhanced Support — Round-the-Clock, Rapid Resolution
Enhanced Support delivers 7x24 around-the-clock remote support and access to RSA's global network of support centers for troubleshooting. Leverage our Secure Remote Support to ensure your issues are proactively managed in our Global Support Centers.
- All the above, PLUS:
- Technical telephone support 24 x 7 x 365
RSA Personalized Support Options
RSA Personalized Support Options are designed to complement RSA service contracts with access to technical experts any time, day or night, and provide customers with a strategic personalized support relationship. With RSA Personalized Support Options, organizations can enjoy a support relationship with RSA that encompasses the entire product life cycle—from initial product integration to ongoing implementation.
The following Personalized Support Options offer supplemental services that can be added to any new or existing RSA support contract:
Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) support option adds the following features in addition to Enhanced:
- A Technical Account Manager (TAM)
- Internal advocate who works with primary contacts at your organization
Designated point of contact for escalations and technical account management providing you:
- Frequent and focused communications.
- Weekly reporting
- Onsite account reviews to develop a deep understanding of your RSA Infrastructure and business needs to deliver personalized support
Priority Support including:
- Access to subject matter experts
- High-priority case handling
- Ability to influence future product direction
- RFE visibility
- Input into Product Roadmap
- Beta/Early Access Programs
Note: Enhanced Support (24 X 7) is required for this service offering.
Designated Support Engineer
The Designated Support Engineer (DSE) provides specialized technical expertise and is personally accountable for ensuring fastest possible remote resolution to questions and problems for product-specific issues. Your DSE brings in-depth software expertise to your environment.
The Designated Support Engineer program adds the following features in addition to Enhanced Support:
A single and direct point of contact for all your technical issues
- Oversees your technical support initiatives, troubleshoots problems, and resolves issues
- Provides knowledge transfer to your staff
- Combines in-depth knowledge of your environment with dedicated product line expertise
- Provides bi-annual support of weekend migrations
- Scheduled Account Reviews:
- Review of upcoming Product Line features
- Review of your technical environment, projects and applications
- 24 x 7 mission-critical follow-the-sun support
- Monthly reports related to all activities involving technical issues.
- API/Developer support
Note: Enhanced Support (24 X 7) is required for this service offering.
Onsite Support Engineer
Our Onsite Support Engineer (OSE) support option is designed to supplement your in-house staff with a specialized, technical expert who will reside at a single customer production site for up to one year. Your OSE brings in-depth software expertise to your environment.
The Onsite Support Engineer support option adds the following features in addition to Enhanced Support:
- A dedicated single point of contact onsite
- Specialized RSA product expertise onsite
- Priority access to other senior technical resources at RSA facilities
- Scheduled business reviews
- Guidance on new releases and products
API Developer Support
To help you derive the maximum value from integration initiatives, RSA offers API Developer Support that provides direct, on-demand contact with a RSA Advanced Technical Support Engineer. Our experts are available to you Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., your local time, excluding RSA-designated holidays, to help you better understand and make appropriate use of RSA's API calls and resolve integration issues related to RSA products during every phase of your development effort: planning, coding, testing and support.
The API Developer Support option includes the following features:
- Support for all RSA APIs
- In-depth guidance for programming issues
- Ability to purchase on a semi-annual or annual basis, delivered during normal business hours throughout the year as needed
- Direct access to Developer Support Engineers
Custom Application Support
If you have contracted with RSA Professional Services for custom application development, RSA Technical Support will provide this effective Custom Application Support (CAS) option based on the original custom application scope for an additional annual cost under a separate support contract. Most custom application work utilizes RSA toolkits and APIs. The Consulting Support group within RSA Technical Support is best suited to provide this support. RSA Professional Services includes Consulting Support Engineers during the custom application design process so that RSA can develop a custom application that is fully supportable.
When RSA Professional Services delivers specifications and quotes for a custom software development project via a Professional Services Statement of Work, they will include a Custom Application Support Agreement. This Support offering is available to you providing you are currently supported by RSA Technical Support under one of its Support Offerings.
CAS support hours are the business hours of the RSA Technical Support office in your region. The business hours for those offices are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, for the time zone they are in, excluding RSA-designated holidays. RSA Technical Support will only respond to your Severity 1 (S1) issues with an initial response time of four hours.
RSA’s software support duration policy specifies a minimum three-year primary support duration period for major product releases, the conclusion of which marks the End of Primary Support (EOPS). For select product releases, Extended Support may be available. Extended Support is a period of time following EOPS when customers may elect to pay an additional fee to extend their support coverage rather than migrate to a newer release of the software prior to EOPS.
Policy Summary for Software and Hardware with Three-Year Minimum Primary Support Period
Primary Support Period
- All major releases will be supported for a minimum of three years, known as the Primary Support Period.
- Service packs do not extend the service life of a major release unless they fall within the last 12 months of the Primary Support Period, in which case the End of Primary Support date is extended to 12 months past the General Availability date of the service pack.
- The End of the Primary Support period will be published at the time of General Availability.
Extended Support Period
- After the Primary Support period, a release may enter the Extended Support Period. This period runs for a maximum of two years beyond the EOPS.
- Customers must have a current Support Option maintenance contract (Basic or Enhanced) as a prerequisite to Extended Support purchase.
- Extended Support coverage varies dependent on whether it is Year-1 or Year-2 of the Extended Support period.